Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Super Bowl LVI Predictions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

For every minute played in OT, one player from each team must leave the field. After ten minutes, it becomes one on one.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
For every minute played in OT, one player from each team must leave the field. After ten minutes, it becomes one on one.

Nice, there you go! I mean football is funny anyway, all these men of men in car accidents for hours, then all the sudden the soccer player comes out to win the game...lol

None of us really want a good game to end, it has to. We all saw both those defenses were trashed.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

How about time and a half for overtime and double time and a half if it's a holiday?
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

The 2 teams scored 20 points in under 3 mins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMnphaMdZs

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
I mean football is funny anyway, all these men of men in car accidents for hours, then all the sudden the soccer player comes out to win the game...lol

He's really the only 'football' player on the team. Everyone else is playing rugby, but has to stop to catch their breath after 5 seconds of exertion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:
I mean football is funny anyway, all these men of men in car accidents for hours, then all the sudden the soccer player comes out to win the game...lol

He's really the only 'football' player on the team. Everyone else is playing rugby, but has to stop to catch their breath after 5 seconds of exertion.

You left off….

And call a Microsoft Teams Meeting to plan the next 4 seconds
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
BSQUARE wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:

You left off….

A few years back someone did a study about the actual playing/action time in an NFL game. The average playing time was about 11 minutes, in three hours of football.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

As opposed to baseball with ten minutes of excitement crammed into three hours of game time.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
As opposed to baseball with ten minutes of excitement crammed into three hours of game time.

Or two hours, or four hours. It all depends on the game. I like baseball.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

They are exciting compared to cricket
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Abscate wrote:
BSQUARE wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:

You left off….

A few years back someone did a study about the actual playing/action time in an NFL game. The average playing time was about 11 minutes, in three hours of football.

I have been using the DVR for years to record all the NFL games I watch, I start watching about 2 hours after the game starts, fast forward thru all the blah blah, every time a play runs & the guy gets tackled, I hit the "jump" button, and they are about to hike the ball again, works pretty well, unless they are running the "hurry up" offense, no commercials, no half time crap, just football.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Abscate wrote:
BSQUARE wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:

You left off….

I have been using the DVR for years to record all the NFL games I watch, I start watching about 2 hours after the game starts, fast forward thru all the blah blah, every time a play runs & the guy gets tackled, I hit the "jump" button, and they are about to hike the ball again, works pretty well, unless they are running the "hurry up" offense, no commercials, no half time crap, just football.

A great use of technology right there.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

Canal 5 in French TV

Nfl games take 40 minutes , all action shown
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

So it's the Bengals vs. the Rams.

Man I thought KC was just going to roll over the Bengals, then they just sputtered out and lost it in the 2nd half, maybe Mahomey should do less commercials & more Football ?? Laughing
Happy for Matt Stafford, all those years in Detroit, loosing, and now on his way to the Superbowl.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Man I thought KC was just going to roll over the Bengals, then they just sputtered out and lost it in the 2nd half, maybe Mahomey should do less commercials & more Football ?? Laughing
Happy for Matt Stafford, all those years in Detroit, loosing, and now on his way to the Superbowl.

So, dam it's the Shengals and the Clams Rolling Eyes
Sadly no Chiefs Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:

Last edited by Evil Clown on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

You're right about Mahomes.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

Damn, for once I actually predicted the correct outcome of sports. Go Sports!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

My practice, also. 30-second skip works for most plays, and I get an extra 60-90 minutes out of my day.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

I predict the Rams will beat the Bengals in either regulation time or overtime with less than 30 seconds remaining by a field goal of at least 36 yards.

It would be a fitting end to one of the most exciting post-seasons in NFL history.
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LVI Predictions Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Damn, for once I actually predicted the correct outcome of sports. Go Sports!

Here's your vote Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now you just need to finish it off...
Will it be the Shingles or the Clams Question
The title is almost yours Exclamation
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GO SPORTS Exclamation

I don't know if anyone follows the point spread,
but it was Rams by 3.5 and they won by 3...bet
there were many po'd Ram fans when they didn't
kick a fieldgoal from inside the 30 yd line as
time expired:x

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: