Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windshield frame
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgodber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Windshield frame Reply with quote

My friend bought a project buggy. There is a windshield frame but it is missing the lower cross piece. Wondering how to find a replacement piece for it. CIP1 in Canada wants $558 plus tax for a frame with glass.
Is there another metal product that would be a good replacement?
Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield frame Reply with quote

Go to the original source. contact http://www.bugshieldsbydino.com/ see if they can help.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield frame Reply with quote

You could consider running without a lower frame by installing a rubber U-channel profile onto the bottom of the glass and let that rest on the body. You would have to do some glass work to finish the area between the dash and hood. Any good glass shop can cut a flat laminated windshield for you.
Luftwagen 2180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield frame Reply with quote

I recall that on a previous windshield that I was missing the bottom frame to. I used a piece of aluminum channel (from Home Depot?) for the bottom with a rubber insert to hold the glass. The fiberglass hood is far from straight or rigid enough to seal to the glass. Then siliconed the aluminum to the hood. watertight too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: