Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cecilio - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: bugfan58
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a set of rear brakes from Cecilio and transaction went smooth. Cecilio answered all my emails and texts and shipped the brake parts out quickly.
ste964
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased this regulator from cecilio:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1254012

This

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

But have arrived to me this regulator

Not seem the same, in more this has the dissipator ruined:

I threw this, I have not trust to mount it in my bus.
Usually when I buy something on the web, until now the parts that arrive at my home were that posted in ads and not other more ugly.
Otherwise the seller warn if can send me another the part not in ad.
bugfan58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this person seems suspicious. when I sent the piece it didn't have dents. I tried to fix the problem by offering to send a new one free of charged but they were not cooperating. they did not want to send me my part back. I feel like he is trying to con me. I can only refund the price of the part but not the shipping unless he sends me my part back. I apologized several times and tried to fix the problem but the buyer was being very negative. ever since I shipped the part, he was pressuring me to tell him where his part was. it was not my problem that the mail service took too long to ship his part. I even called the post office to ask where it was and even they didn't know. after a while, it arrived and the buyer claims that it was not the part he saw on the ad. I truly tried to fix the problem but I cannot fix the problem unless he decides to compromise.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the 2 photos above, it seems clear to me it is NOT the same regulator. Look at the patterns on the top cover and the area with the white waxy seal.

It would be unreasonable for him to return this part for Italy to the USA - the costs would far exceed the value of the part.

Since the part was $10 in this case I would refund ALL the money if it was me.
Since I sent the wrong part I would be 100% responsible for the mistake, even if I had to lose money.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ste964
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Everett for your words, I only reported what happened.
Shopping on the web are just visual, but when it comes a part that is not the one in the ad, leaves a bad taste in the mouth for the betrayed trust....
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Cecilio Marquez Reply with quote

I contacted Cecilio about purchasing two items he had listed here.
Cecilio was quick to reply, friendly and we agreed to do business. Tracking info was emailed quickly and I was pleased with the items I had purchased! All in all, a perfect transaction!
Muchos Gracias me amigo!
Aloha , Jeff
61 L380 sedan
62 SO33 L380
63 standard micro
63 cabrio
64 KG coupe
64 sedan
66 sedan
67 beetle
70 empi GTV
70 VWOA Formula Vee
73 Economotors super beetle
74 GSR / German look rally tribute super beetle
76 cabrio
& a bunch of non-vw rolling stock parked in and around the barn. Just can’t help myself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brr42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Negative feedback Reply with quote

Bought an alternator stand from Cecilio and received a generator stand. Cecilio couldn't see that this was his fault and while he did refund the price of the item he refused to refund the shipping costs. It apparently was my fault he didn't know the difference between the two stands. My bad, live and learn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wirewheely2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal was 2 axles in good condition. Sent one good and one bad. I had to clean them up and regrease. One is definitely dempled. Ceased up. Had to call him up repeatedly. Agrees to replace only if I pay shipping. I call back next day and that was when I was acused of lying to him.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

bought two horns from Cecilio. Shipped very quickly and as described. recommend seller
rafyvolky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

But some parts from Cecilio. Good man a man of his words will buy again ..thankyou..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got the old Motorola Alternator from Cecilio, looks great! Thanks.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wish I could leave positive feedback, but very far from it.

Cecilio has had EXTREMELY poor communication and never sent me the item I purchased.

On 01/13/22 I sent him a email on this item:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2519818

I asked if he would consider $45 shipped.

I didn't hear back from him, so I send him another email 3 days later.

2 Days after, I got a email off of the samba with just his email, saying, yes the item was available and to Paypal him at [email protected]

So, I emailed him back and asked him to confirm that it was for the above item (Fresh Air box) and that I would send him the money.

He emailed me the next day and said yes.

So, on the 20th, I sent him the money for the fresh air box and I asked him to provide tracking when he mails it. I haven't heard from him, so I again reached out and messaged him 3 days later asking if he had a chance to mail it yet.

Never got a response. So, now 5 days later with no communication and no tracking I have no choice but to try and get my money back with Paypal. It has not been a good experience at all with Mr. Cecilio.

Edited 7 hours later: I just heard from the seller. He said that he had a phone problem and he got a new phone today and he said he tracked. I will delete this post after I receive the item.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cecilio - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update 02-08-22

Because of the time that passed, I was unable to delete the above post. But, I am sending a update.

Cecilio apologized for the poor communication and ultimately, he mailed the package, but it arrived damaged. He mailed the item without a box, no protection so the blower motor case was cracked when I received it. I was a little baffled, that he shipped this with no protection, but in the ed- he told me to just keep the item and got a refund from paypal.

Communication problems can happen, so that is water under the bridge in my opinion. I would give him a second chance with everything that happened and based on his previous feedback posts- but would truly hope that in the future that he would protect the item better to insure a safe delivery. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: