Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does a 65 Bug rear seat carpet attach to luggage floor area?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddnmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject: How does a 65 Bug rear seat carpet attach to luggage floor area? Reply with quote

The carpet from the back seat hanging in the well to make it one piece how does it attach to the luggage department to make it look like one piece.

Last edited by puddnmd on Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

Not sure if all years are the same but my 64 the carpet goes over the top of the vertical wall of the luggage area and tucks into the groove right below the rear window. From there it hangs down the wall of the luggage area and then rolls flat across the bottom.

Hope that helps.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 Cardboard glove box
64 bug nice used front/rear Black RHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zorba2.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

^^ Yes, tuck it in guten-tite

Jbugs has a pretty good video series on this, I believe it is the same for our year Beetles.

5:00 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq_WyYzRqP8
puddnmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

Tks for the reply Matthew and Zorba for your feed back. My ad was not clear so I am going to submit some photos. I’m inquiring about the extended piece of carpet that is attached to the back of the rear seat. The extended carpet falls between the seat and the luggage department when the rear seats his folded down. How does this extended carpet attach when the seat is folded down to make it look like one flowing piece of carpet that extends toward the luggage compartment?
puddnmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

Understand. I sort of wondered if that was your question but not all bugs have that. Mine is a 64 and the back of the seat is hard board.

What year are you working on? May want to edit you title to get more info.

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 Cardboard glove box
64 bug nice used front/rear Black RHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the carpet from the backseat hanging in the well attach Reply with quote

Metal strip that makes this look like one fluid piece....actually keeps the back of the rear seat with the car....pry the metal strip to release the carpet.
puddnmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How does a 65 Bug rear seat carpet attach to luggage floor area? Reply with quote

Good point Matthew…. Title changes. Yea working on my 65bug.
Wheel607, You mentioned a metal strip, there is a metal strip inside (sandwiched) at the end of of the extended carpet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: