Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

Listed on Craigslist today in Seattle area one 2000 camper "runs&drives great" with 325k miles!
Also another seller with a 2003 "drives perfectly" with 235k miles.

Good to know when well maintained, these vans can last.

Last edited by VolksVelo on Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

I hoping my 5-sped 95 EVC with 218,000 miles keeps running well to join the "300,000 Mile' club!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

1961tbird wrote:
I hoping my 5-sped 95 EVC with 218,000 miles keeps running well to join the "300,000 Mile' club!!!

Same here but with my 75k miles 02 EVC. I'll be 110 years old by then!
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
1961tbird wrote:

If my math is correct (and your too) your 50 years old.
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

MrPulldown wrote:
VolksVelo wrote:
1961tbird wrote:

Nah, you're wrong. Much older. I drive very little let say 5k miles a year? As my name suggested, I ride bicycles.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
MrPulldown wrote:
VolksVelo wrote:
1961tbird wrote:

Nah, you're wrong. Much older. I drive very little let say 5k miles a year? As my name suggested, I ride bicycles.

I made the incorrect assumption that you had your van since new.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
Listed on Craigslist today in Seattle area one 2000 camper "runs&drives great" with 325k miles!
Also another seller with a 2003 "drives perfectly" with 235k miles.

Good to know when well maintained, these vans can last.

We have about 30 local T4b to us all on original engines and transmissions, no external coolers

We have hills here, not mountains , but still a few 2-5000 foot climbs

It’s all in the driving style and the maintenance.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

Good to hear these things CAN last. I've fallen victim to the transmission worries but was relieved to read comments/reminders that we only hear about the disasters and rarely the ones that don't have a problem.

Mine is at 193,000 miles. I don't know for sure but imagine that the engine and transmission are likely original. Hard to tell what sort of maintenance it got; I know the family with 5 kinds that had it prior to me were hard on the interior (I believe the kids spilled every possible fluid that can be spilled in there!) But I suppose that doesn't mean they didn't get the oils changed regularly.

Last spring/summer the transmission did seem to have a funny shudder when it shifted into 3rd (? maybe it was 4th) gear at lower speeds. Thankfully, I have not noticed this after a fluid change and leak repair.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

My 2003 weekender is at 349k and counting, original engine and automatic tranny very well maintained by original owner, I'm the third owner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

BlastMasterMannyFresh wrote:
My 2003 weekender is at 349k and counting, original engine and automatic tranny very well maintained by original owner, I'm the third owner.

That's remarkable! Just curious do you know if the van has aftermarket transmission cooler?
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: High mileage EVC with original engine and transmission Reply with quote

Hey these vans are designed to handle fluid spills by kids. I drove around w 8 in my several vans over the years and they all grew up and drove their kids around in them. The grandkids love to ride in them with grandpa now.. no air bags & they can ride in front... Whee. Bill PR
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: