Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pet peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

I think I have told this story before. We were doing the speed limit, 60 MPH in our Manx clone on a narrow two way highway and I watched in the mirror as a big old cattle liner crept up and pulled out to pass. After about 3 miles of thundering away his front bumper was finally even with ours but now we were going up hill on a double solid line.

Ya, smart Buddy! So I hit the gas quick so he could pull in behind in case someone came over the hill. He lost all his momentum on that little hill and it took him another 8 miles to catch up again and sure enough, pulls out to pass once again! With ANOTHER hill coming up!

Stupid Bozo! If I am travelling at 60 MPH and your rig can only do 60.25 MPH what in the bloody blazes are you doing trying to pass?!

I just hit the brakes and let him go!
jinx758
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Rode with a friend's friend in his truck which reminded me of another pet peeve.

Having papers & a bunch of crap on top of dash crammed under windshield. Not only is it an eyesore but it forces people to look through a distracting glare/reflection.
I mean this guy's defroster couldn't even clear the inside of windshield.

GEE-SH... !

Stay safe ... jinx

It's not unlike the same difference

You can't push a rope

VALVES (cold)
CARB (fully warmed engine)

SCRAPE ALL GROUNDS

My Craigslist rescued 100 footer :
1971 Standard Bug
1776cc dual port
034 distributor
38mm EGAS Carburetor
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Yesterday, was on a 3-lane road with 50 mph posted limit, and 3 vehicles were all going 38mph, each in their own lane, side-by-side, blocking traffic.

Stoooooopid idiots !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:

I've also noticed this the past decade.

Add the truckers who think it's fine to pass another truck going 50 uphill on the Interstate by going 51 mph, thereby blocking a mile or more of traffic until the trucker realizes that he doesn't have enough power to pass and only then drops back.

Here in Arizona when there's a truck going slow in the right lane, drivers get into the left lane to eventually ass, and buttheads zoom up in the right lane and then get caught behind such truck and then force/squeeze their way in, even when folks are already tailgating in the left lane. With my older trucks (1988, 1998, and 2004) they don't try to cut in too often, figure I've got a "beater".

Sometimes I'm the butthead and I don't let right lane speeders butt in.

You just described the I-5 going through the San Joaquin Valley in Central CA. Both ways. I don't know if it's been widened to three lanes both ways now but when it was two lanes, this driving behavior was typical. It was annoying as well as dangerous... Mad
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Yesterday, was on a 3-lane road with 50 mph posted limit, and 3 vehicles were all going 38mph, each in their own lane, side-by-side, blocking traffic.

Stoooooopid idiots !!!

Yes I feel it because if you say it 2 times I know it’s bad deal
Yes I feel it because if you say it Two times I no it’s bad deal.

Seriously though after I retired it dawned on me I could slow down a little and now? I’m probably in the right lane minding my own business driving a tad slower and I might have either blinker stuck on. I can’t hear anything because I’m deaf from years of jet engines, VWs and rock and roll music. Go around, thanks.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Yes I feel it because if you say it 2 times I know it’s bad deal

Don't blame me - I didn't invent Windows 7 !!!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

z1432, I'm with you on this, slower still gets you where you're going
and pretty much stress free.
I also like the turn signal 'on' option, I can forget it's on because I'm old and forgetful. that's nice.
It would appear the only stressed out drivers are the ones that want to
do the speed limit and can't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Amazon had called us(recording) about 4 time this early evening saying we owe the $762,00 we don't even have an 'account' with them ,,, WTF?
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Spoiler alert: It wasn't Amazon.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

I won 7 million dollars AND a new Mercedes Benz from Publishers Clearing House.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

I won 7 million dollars AND a new Mercedes Benz from Publishers Clearing House.

What color Mercedes ?
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Alright - The Cusser is NOT happy today !!!! Rant forthcoming.

First up, got in my 1971 VW Convertible, and the driver window I'd fixed a few weeks ago broke somehow, so I have to look into this again, dagnabit !!!!

But making a right turn in it, into Home Depot a few minutes later the Hyundai tailgating me apparently ignored either its right turn signal or the brake lights (including the LED 3rd brake light on the license plate) and laid on the horn pretty good, almost rear-ended me. I guess "Karen" was texting or assumed that I would use the right turn alley 50 yards further up the street instead of turning into the strip mall that houses Chipolte restaurant and other businesses.

Sorry to say - if she had followed me into that strip mall, I might have beat her or yelled at her big time !!!

Anyway, I re-checked both my turn signal and brake lights afterward, and both work, and with engine on, both working at same time, etc.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

The need of arrows pointing to the VW's in a picture posted on a VW site Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Florida, yes, the fucking State.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

^^^ I’ve been there too! Twice, lol
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

The dumbass that asks for a 12mm bolt & what he really wants is a bolt that fits a 12mm wrench!

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Me and my (friend, wife, son, etc.) instead of the correct my (friend, wife, son, etc.) and I.

Thanks to Mrs. Schmidt in third grade for drumming it in there in 1967.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:
Me and my (friend, wife, son, etc.) instead of the correct my (friend, wife, son, etc.) and I.

Thanks to Mrs. Schmidt in third grade for drumming it in there in 1967.

Are you referring to the subject of a sentence/question in this situation?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
when traveling dont take the sunshine tollway/parkway, there is a toll every half mile or so. Instead of it take the intercourse. and get of when you want to, it will be faster and much cheaper. Wink
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
ach60 wrote:
when traveling dont take the sunshine tollway/parkway, there is a toll every half mile or so. Instead of it take the intercourse. and get of when you want to, it will be faster and much cheaper. Wink

Mark, nice to know that intercourse is much faster and cheaper in FL. I guess you get what you pay for... Razz
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 62

Jump to: