Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new to me 411 !
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 am    Post subject: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Hi all ! recently added another Vw to my herd, a 72 411 in turkuis metallic with black leatherette , 64K miles dealer installed AC . currently not running but thankfully the motor isnt froze up . Cant wait to start working on it this spring .

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Greater Toledo Volkswagen Club Staff
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Wow where did you find this? Glad to see you are going to give this car a new life. I have a 71 411 which I have owned since new. WE are lucky to have the world wide guru on Type 4's on this forum. That's Ray Greenwood, and he can answer any question you have, and advise you. The 72 411 has some improvements over the 71 411. I'm looking forward to your work and progress on this car. It looks to me like you have an excellent car to work on. Bob
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Post lots of photos! I'm working on a '74 412 that I just found, also - what weird VW's these are.
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

This is great! Another one found. Hopefully a solid car. Yes, keep us posted on your progress.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

That looks familiar, I think I may have saw it on Facebook marketplace a year back and the guy was wanting to trade it for a newer running VW?
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

titan3c wrote:
Wow where did you find this? Glad to see you are going to give this car a new life. I have a 71 411 which I have owned since new. WE are lucky to have the world wide guru on Type 4's on this forum. That's Ray Greenwood, and he can answer any question you have, and advise you. The 72 411 has some improvements over the 71 411. I'm looking forward to your work and progress on this car. It looks to me like you have an excellent car to work on. Bob
thanks Very Happy it was about an hour west of me . what improvements did the 72 have ? I have a friend in michigan with a 71 411 and a 74 412 2 dr .

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
That looks familiar, I think I may have saw it on Facebook marketplace a year back and the guy was wanting to trade it for a newer running VW?
ya it was in columbus on marketplace, it disappeared until a few weeks ago a guy in our local club about an hour west of me posted it on our facebook group . he traded a type 3 for it couple years back. Smile

vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

whobba wrote:
Post lots of photos! I'm working on a '74 412 that I just found, also - what weird VW's these are.
ill be sure to get some more once it warms up and i can get back over to storage . I've always liked the type 4s odd and unique Smile

ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Quote:
64K miles dealer installed AC .

Welcome aboard!

Can't wait to see all the photos of the car -- another one with dealer A/C. You sure will have a great time and challenges as you dive into the car. Once you go for your first ride, it will all be worth the effort. These cars are a blast to drive. It's nice to see some more T4's in the pipeline.

NurseryWalt and Pepperbilly are no longer the new T4 guys on the block! Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

I'm learning that the '73-'74 412's have some hard to find parts, including signal lenses. I found that some parts are interchangeable, the rear view mirror is the same as the late 70's busses, the sun visor clips are the same as the beetle, fender beading similar to Type 3... wish we had a list somewhere.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Very nice car!

Ray
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Havent gotten much done on the 411 since i bought it, end of Feb, i had an accident and broke my left leg . Ironically the 411 is the one Vw i own i could be driving right now but I dont have my barn up yet and a storage unit doenst give you much room to work on a car .. I did how ever pick up a vintage set of wheels for the 411 though lol ..

raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

vw81jetta wrote:
Havent gotten much done on the 411 since i bought it, end of Feb, i had an accident and broke my left leg . Ironically the 411 is the one Vw i own i could be driving right now but I dont have my barn up yet and a storage unit doenst give you much room to work on a car .. I did how ever pick up a vintage set of wheels for the 411 though lol ..

Dang! Are those a 4 x 130mm bolt pattern? If so...cool! what are they from?

Ray
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
vw81jetta wrote:

Dang! Are those a 4 x 130mm bolt pattern? If so...cool! what are they from?

Ray

Yes, the guy i got them from ran them on a 914 and later 70s beetle he had

Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

I've seen those called Lemans wheels. Cool!

Max
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Max Welton wrote:
I've seen those called Lemans wheels. Cool!

Max

Yes Smile I think they will look really good on the 411

Chris Walden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Rivieras?
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Back in the mid ‘70s I had a friend with a 1.8 914 that had these. Never saw another one with these. I really liked the look. Should look good your 411.

Bill
vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Chris Walden wrote:
Rivieras?

No, the are Le Mans wheels made by american racing wheels Smile

vw81jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: new to me 411 ! Reply with quote

Pepperbilly wrote:
Back in the mid ‘70s I had a friend with a 1.8 914 that had these. Never saw another one with these. I really liked the look. Should look good your 411.

Bill

Thanks, I think they will look real good on the 411 Very Happy

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: