Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ten year challenge
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirTimTIm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

Been seein people on social media posting “ten year challenge” photos. Thought I’d share.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ten years later…

This was earlier today!

Link

Link

wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

WHY.......nothing else left to do?
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

Are things supposed to have changed (like us) or have remained the same?
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

Love that sexy engine, love it
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

I'll play = it's cold and I'm bored Laughing

Ten years ago

Current

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

2012 for the Bus...2022 for the Beetle.

I tend to move cars along...a very bad habit.
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

I sold two Buses and bought this one in Nov 2011. I originally thought I'd keep it a couple of years, sell it and buy a Double Cab. While I still wouldn't mind a DC, Bus prices got crazy so it was more difficult to "move up" and I kinda got attached to this old gal. It still doesn't seem like I've had it that long.

On the way home with it the night I bought it.

10 years later

Oh, thanks Everett. I bought this Bus via an ad on here and I was able to jump on it quickly thanks to the ability to set email alerts for certain types of ads.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

I'm not on social media. What's the challenge about?
Jimone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I'm not on social media.

the samba is a social media platform. any webpage where you interact with others while sharing photos and videos is a social media platform.

the 10 year challenge is a thing where you show a photo from a decade ago and one from today to show progress or change. sort of a where i was and where i am now type thing. many people will do growing up, or old. here i think it would be appropriate to show the life of your car.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

Jimone wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
I'm not on social media.

the samba is a social media platform. any webpage where you interact with others while sharing photos and videos is a social media platform.

That wide a definition pretty much includes all the internet and group email, so it's useless.

Most understand "social media" to include facebook, twitter, tictok, and probably a bunch of others I am too old to even know about!

Now, back to the question...

Jimone wrote:
the 10 year challenge is a thing where you show a photo from a decade ago and one from today to show progress or change. sort of a where i was and where i am now type thing. many people will do growing up, or old. here i think it would be appropriate to show the life of your car.

Is it limited to 10 years? I go back 50 with my VWs!

I guess with the current generation, one that never know a world without "social media" and cell phone cameras, 10 years must seem an eternity, and and anything older simply doesn't exist to them, since it isn't online today. Rolling Eyes
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jimone wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
I'm not on social media.

That wide a definition pretty much includes all the internet and group email, so it's useless.

Most understand "social media" to include facebook, twitter, tictok, and probably a bunch of others I am too old to even know about!

Now, back to the question...

Jimone wrote:

I guess with the current generation, one that never know a world without "social media" and cell phone cameras, 10 years must seem an eternity, and and anything older simply doesn't exist to them, since it isn't online today. Rolling Eyes

The “current generation” I guess you mean teenagers? Are largely not on many social media platforms. Facebook has a much older user base. I’m 36 and my parents generation are more into it. (After years of telling us how stupid it was, go figure)
It’s just sort of a fun thing. How much have you changed in 10 years. That could be 15 to 25 or 65 to 75. Likely you and your life has changed in numerous ways.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

i agree. its a useless term.

KTPhil wrote:

i think the idea is that we all show a bunch of growth/change over a 10 year period. i think people would absolutely enjoy seeing a 50 year progress spread. post em up!
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

10 seconds, hours, days, weeks, months, years.....

As the song says;

"Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
(About time)
If so, I can't imagine why
We've all got time enough to cry"

If you want to post up something from 50 years ago it's doubtful Everett will ban you for not following the rule Rolling Eyes Laughing

Personally I would like to see a 50 year and now VW progression Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ten year challenge Reply with quote

people on social media suck. Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: