Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject: 2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA Reply with quote

It's not just American hot rods this year. There is going to be a “Gathering of Hot VWs” sponsored by Hot VWs magazine and EMPI. The dates are Friday, January 28, noon - 8 p.m.; Saturday, January 29, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; and Sunday, January 30 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

At the Fairplex in Pomona, California
Admission is $25 and on-site parking is $15.

The NHRA museum, also located at the Fairplex, has a separate $12 admission.

Here are some links:
https://fairplex.com/events/viewevent/72nd-grand-national-roadster-show

https://hotrodshows.com/grand-national/gnrs-feature-building/ <---- VW info

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2022-grand-nati...77104.html

EDIT: I heard on radio station KLOS 95.5 an ad playing periodically saying that there will be over 100 VWs on display in one building.

You can also buy a discount admission ticket from O'Reilly auto parts for $2 off the regular price. That's a whopping 8% savings but more importantly you won't have to stand in line to pay for admission once you get there.

Last edited by Randall on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA Reply with quote

Does anyone know how daily driver VWs are able to drive into the show grounds and possibly park between buildings or outdoor areas?
mcmat66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA Reply with quote

Just a heads up, but as of today, January 27, 2022, the show promoters will be complying with Los Angeles county's COVID protocols. In order to attend, you must provide proof of vaccination (1st shot status is allegedly acceptable according to the GNRS facebook page) or proof of a negative test. Paper or electronic proof is required. Masks indoors are required and masks outside are optional. There are age-related protocols for kids, but I don't recall them at the moment. The promoters mentioned that they were working on a free on-site rapid testing station, but as of the above date, nothing was established yet. I'm not affiliated with LA county or the show promoter. I just wanted to pass some info on that I gleaned from the internet. It could be a very expensive frustrating day for some that are planning to attend. Please visit GNRS' social media pages and website for more clarity. Their facebook page has lots of Question and Answer posts.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA Reply with quote

I glad you added that note, mcmat66. I saw that same info for the first time last night. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/grandnationalroadstershow/photos/a.179423558871204/2706834726130062

This is what it said at the link:
"Given the choice of canceling the Grand National Roadster Show or complying with local laws, we chose to return. That means complying with county rules that currently require a vaccination card or negative COVID test for event entry and masks required indoors."

Another link from the Fairplex website has three paragraphs about COVID-19 Protocols: https://fairplex.com/docs/default-source/default-d...932a0371_0

The three links I added in my first post did not include any information about COVID restrictions, I assume because they were written before January.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcmat66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 Grand National Roadster Show - Jan 28-30 2022 - Pomona, CA Reply with quote

Happy to help Randall. I just went to the GNRS Facebook page and they will officially have a free rapid-test site set up for attendees of the show. I didn't see whether or not that site would be accessible prior to paying for parking. One test is valid for all three days for those that may be attending more than one day. The show promoters did advise to try and get a test closer to home if possible. It would be a huge letdown to drive all the way out there and get a false positive.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: