Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS Deluxe split bus side trim... value??
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim... value?? Reply with quote

Im thinking about selling my NOS deluxe side and bumper trim, but have no idea what its worth. Its all wrapped in its vw wrapping with part numbers. I bought it years ago for a project that got sold, but kept the trim 'just in case' I got another split, but there's no way I can afford one now, so looking at selling it on. Any ideas?
Tizian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

neilswheels wrote:
Im thinking about selling my NOS deluxe side and bumper trim, but have no idea what its worth. Its all wrapped in its vw wrapping with part numbers. I bought it years ago for a project that got sold, but kept the trim 'just in case' I got another split, but there's no way I can afford one now, so looking at selling it on. Any ideas?

Pictures please!
What do you mean by side trims? Sill/rocker trims?
I'll might be interested in those Wink

I bought some NOS euro spec bumper trims in HO some years ago. It was a complete set of four pieces (left&right). Price was in the upper hundreds...
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Assuming your talking about the beltline and rocker trim then FWIW WW gets about $1000 and that does not include the bumper trip. Suspect your well north of that number to the right buyer...

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 bug nice used front/rear Black LHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

As a data point: A couple of years ago I sold a used but nice condition set of beltline and rocker spears (original VW German factory stuff) for $1,000. The buyer polished them up nicely and is still rokin' them today.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

If it's belt line trim - You should also mention the year/model.

Deluxe obviously but 23-Window or 21-Window trim?

Bumper trim it would be good to know slash vs. pointed bumper trim too
American style vs. Euro
Pressed bumper vs. later bumpers

For some reason I don't think you mean belt line trim as those are all separate pieces that are individually wrapped but if you have a complete set of that, all wrapped up, that is insane and awesome.

I'd love to see pics of everything regardless of what it is.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

It’s the belt line trim, all separately wrapped, and bumper trim, euro spec, I got it in Malta years ago. How do you tell if it’s early or late split?
Tizian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

neilswheels wrote:
It’s the belt line trim, all separately wrapped, and bumper trim, euro spec, I got it in Malta years ago. How do you tell if it’s early or late split?

There are several versions of thd bumper trim:

Pointed ends from about 65+
Slashed ends earlier than 65
Pressed bumper version
and of course BD

Nevertheless this is some really rare stuff as NOS.

Look up prices for the repops and add what you personally think to it. That’s what I would do…

Last edited by Tizian on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

neilswheels wrote:

rear hatch is about 4 feet wide for 64-67,
about 3 feet wide for 55-63.

You can also look up part numbers in section 8 of the type II Part List at OACDP.com

pics?
Tizian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Clara wrote:

You can also look up part numbers in section 8 of the type II Part List at OACDP.com

pics?

Not to forget the sliding door versions. These would be super rare, especially the LH one.
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

neilswheels wrote:

Interested.....

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Tizian wrote:
neilswheels wrote:

There are several versions of thd bumper trim:

Pointed ends from about 65+
Slashed ends earlier than 65
Pressed bumper version
and of course BD

Nevertheless this is some really rare stuff as NOS.

Look up prices for the repops and add what you personally think to it. That’s what I would do…

Thanks, i'll have a look
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
neilswheels wrote:

pics?

Thanks, i'll have a look there as well
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Douglas Denlinger wrote:
neilswheels wrote:

Interested.....

I'm in the UK..
Tizian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Show us some pictures please!
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

If you put it for sale with a price and no one responds - your price is too high.
If you put it for sale with a price and you get bombarded with emails - its probably too low
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim...value?? Reply with quote

Well said:

chrisflstf wrote:
If you put it for sale with a price and no one responds - your price is too high.
If you put it for sale with a price and you get bombarded with emails - its probably too low

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim... value?? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A few pics.
Nose trim 24185350 x2
The other side x2
Rear qrt corners, to doors only (can’t see prt number)
Sill trim 241853571 x2
Long straights 241853541d x2 (these have been cut in half to get them on the plane)
Rear bumper 241707412c x1
Other side x1
Front bumper 241 707211b x2
Bumper trim possibly slash cut x4

All bought in 96 for my double door, but never fitted. I realise this isn’t a complete set now, but all still NOS
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim... value?? Reply with quote

neilswheels wrote:

A few pics.
Nose trim 24185350 x2
The other side x2
Rear qrt corners, to doors only (can’t see prt number)
Sill trim 241853571 x2
Long straights 241853541d x2 (these have been cut in half to get them on the plane)
Rear bumper 241707412c x1
Other side x1
Front bumper 241 707211b x2
Bumper trim possibly slash cut x4

All bought in 96 for my double door, but never fitted. I realise this isn’t a complete set now, but all still NOS

Still interested 😁

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
neilswheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Deluxe split bus side trim... value?? Reply with quote

Bit of investigating. Looks like the bumper trim is 66/67 Euro spec, both pointed on one end, and assuming they're euro because they came from Malta, so longer than US spec. The bumper trim inserts look like they're both slash cut.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: