Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2664, 2665, 2666 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevinHite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I bought it, sold once before and didn’t want to let it go again. I’m in VA and that’s where it’s going.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Weezle wrote:
general grump: why do people list buses for sale here and then when you message them about it, they don't even bother to reply? Maybe 1 in 5 actually replies. Why bother to post the ad?

Wow, you found five buses worth inquiring about?
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Weezle wrote:
general grump: why do people list buses for sale here and then when you message them about it, they don't even bother to reply? Maybe 1 in 5 actually replies. Why bother to post the ad?

I couldn't say but I do see this complaint from time to time.

If there is a phone # listed I would call instead.

I see people saying they don't get a call back sometimes too so it's not an email-only issue.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Weezle wrote:

I see people saying they don't get a call back sometimes too so it's not an email-only issue.

Not everyone has a smart phone. If you send a message to a land line it is never received. My two cents.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weezle wrote:

Not everyone has a smart phone. If you send a message to a land line it is never received. My two cents.

If it's a land line, you'll get a bounce back letting you know the message wasn't received. I've done that a few times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weezle wrote:

I get that a bunch, "I text you" well I didn't see it on my phone, which is mounted on the kitchen wall..... Think

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weezle wrote:

Good point, I thought he meant email them by "message" but if he's texting a land line, that could be an issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Weezle wrote:

This is definitely not a dig at you, but I think if a seller gets tons of responses to an ad (which the genuinely good deals always do), sometimes they have to pick and choose who's going to be the easiest deal. Obviously, I have no idea what you wrote to those sellers, but if it was anything other than an immediate offer to buy, and they already had a real offer on the table, maybe they didn't want to spend the time? But a simple reply that it's sold or there's a deal pending would be nice.

Last week, I listed a pretty nice espresso machine on my local buy and sell for $225. It was obviously underpriced, because when I woke up the next morning, I had 40 messages on it. The problem was, over half of them were offers of $100 or less, and a bunch were irrelevant questions, or questions clearly already answered in the ad. I zeroed in on the handful that were along the lines of "I'll take it. When can I pick it up?" and it was an easy deal. Normally, I will send a response to anyone who emails about something I'm selling, but in this case, I didn't feel like I owed a bunch of time wasters even more of my time. So I told the genuine inquiries it was sold, and ignored the messages that were closer to spam.

All that said, if you made a genuine, honest inquiry, got no response, and the Bus is still listed a month later, that's a dick move on the part of the seller. Or they really aren't interested in selling, which is still a dick move to waste everyone's time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Weezle wrote:

This is definitely not a dig at you, but I think if a seller gets tons of responses to an ad (which the genuinely good deals always do), sometimes they have to pick and choose who's going to be the easiest deal. Obviously, I have no idea what you wrote to those sellers, but if it was anything other than an immediate offer to buy, and they already had a real offer on the table, maybe they didn't want to spend the time? But a simple reply that it's sold or there's a deal pending would be nice.

Last week, I listed a pretty nice espresso machine on my local buy and sell for $225. It was obviously underpriced, because when I woke up the next morning, I had 40 messages on it. The problem was, over half of them were offers of $100 or less, and a bunch were irrelevant questions, or questions clearly already answered in the ad. I zeroed in on the handful that were along the lines of "I'll take it. When can I pick it up?" and it was an easy deal. Normally, I will send a response to anyone who emails about something I'm selling, but in this case, I didn't feel like I owed a bunch of time wasters even more of my time. So I told the genuine inquiries it was sold, and ignored the messages that were closer to spam.

All that said, if you made a genuine, honest inquiry, got no response, and the Bus is still listed a month later, that's a dick move on the part of the seller. Or they really aren't interested in selling, which is still a dick move to waste everyone's time.

On that subject, I will often look at the emails people get for Bus parts that I think are cheap.

This is exactly what happens

They get a ton of emails and there are always people low balling them or saying "Will you ship it for that price?" or asking questions that are obviously (to me) answered in the ad text or photos.

Meanwhile there are a couple people that are "I'll take it, let me know where to send the money" or "Call me at XXX-XXXX , I can be there today with cash".

Of course, sometimes questions are valid too. I've seen things that seem cheap but if you look really closely or don't know what you are buying, there is damage or rust or something missing that could be an issue and will affect the value.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Barrett-Jackson result

$71,500 for what looks to me like a S. American Single Cab:
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Detai...UP--253963

I swear the cab to bed transition looks crooked in these photos.
Bent frame?
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Fish wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weezle wrote:

If it's a land line, you'll get a bounce back letting you know the message wasn't received. I've done that a few times.
I just did this a couple of weeks ago and many times in the past. I do not get any bounce back messages. I have Verizon so I don't know if that's just because of my carrier or what, but I wish I got those "not received" messages.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Barrett-Jackson result

Bent frame?

What the ....?????
If you take off the aftermarket beltline trim, roof rack and engine chrome ( sic) this is clearly a 10k turd.
The front is certainly crooked.

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

djfordmanjack wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Barrett-Jackson result

Bent frame?

What the ....?????
If you take off the aftermarket beltline trim, roof rack and engine chrome ( sic) this is clearly a 10k turd.
The front is certainly crooked.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wonder if they finished the engine, or if this is what the buyer gets. Maybe the Solex carb they mention is under the seat. A lot of Chinese chrome in that pic.
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2524987

kinda looks like this one is wasted.
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Oh come on now, that is OG paint!!! It must be purchased and preserved on a shrine next to "my precious". Fair price for such material.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

Good luck getting the glass to seal, a little TLC, please.... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Some rookie car collectors like Bling and the Barrett-Jackson Single I guess has that. Many years ago I stopped to look at a split in Rutland, Vt with a snazzy paint job. I took a quick look underneath and could not believe how bad the rust was. I'm sure that it sold to some unsuspecting fool (of course today that bus probably be worth some coin but times have changed).
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

This looks like a hatch I cut the bottom off to sell to someone for like $10 to fix their rusty lower hatch Very Happy
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2524979

he has more!!
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I sold a nice (no dents or rust to speak of) COMPLETE with window frame and glass '66 passenger door probably 5 years ago for I believe $150 plus shipping.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2664, 2665, 2666 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2665 of 2710

Jump to: