Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

favorite tires for your bug?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labora
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towel Rail wrote:
Labora wrote:
For everybody with lowered bugs. What size can you get away with running in the front? Just 135's? I'm not worried about the looks so much I want the car to be able to stop well its my g/f's car.

Depends on whether she understands what "following distance" is. My sister has no concept of it -- disc brakes lead to bad habits...

Exactly. I always drive her everywhere when we are together so I don't know her driving habits well enough to comment. I want it to be as safe as possible for her thou.

After the car gets a good alingment on it and tires and all the bugs worked out on it I'm going to encourage her to take it a driving school with me so she can get a good feel for what a rear engined car does under heavy braking, skidding, decel/acell around turns etc...

Anyho I'd like to figure out the largest tire I can run infront without having rubbing issues. The car has what looks to be a adjusteable beam so raising it a few notchs to have slightly larger tires would not be out of the question. Is there any way to measure this to get a better idea of what I can fit??

Thanks for any help
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
xoshiex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

135/15's in the front and BFG Traction T/A 205/60/15's in the rear Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: