Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split deluxe trim & clips fitment
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have purchased a new seal, trim & clips which are a copy of the originals. How are they attached to the trim? What way around do they fit in to the seal. Does anyone have photos or a how to

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks Dave
virtanen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Pics when I assembled mine years ago, original rubber, original trim.

New projects
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Hi all,
Thank you Mika for the pictures. Do you fit the clips into the seal, then fit trim & place into windscreen opening? Any further info pictures
Thanks Dave
virtanen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Correct, at first the clips to the original positions in the rubber, the push the trim on, and finally to the car opening.

dave1 wrote:
Hi all,
Thank you Mika for the pictures. Do you fit the clips into the seal, then fit trim & place into windscreen opening? Any further info pictures
Thanks Dave

New projects
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Hi Mika,
Thank you for your help much appreciated
Dave
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Hi all,
I know this was discussed a while back. My guy carrying out the resto has only got around to fit front screen with the correct seal/trim & clips but having a nightmare. I've seen the fitting of the screen which needs to be removed again as the lower corner trim is protruding on the lower corners.
Does anyone else have experience in fitting these with original clips. I know Mika has given me the previous information & this was great just wanted to know if anything else can aid the window fitting
Thanks Dave
virtanen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Do you have the correct rubber seal which takes the clips?
New projects
wagen19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

dave1 wrote:
Hi all,
I know this was discussed a while back. My guy carrying out the resto has only got around to fit front screen with the correct seal/trim & clips but having a nightmare. I've seen the fitting of the screen which needs to be removed again as the lower corner trim is protruding on the lower corners.
Does anyone else have experience in fitting these with original clips. I know Mika has given me the previous information & this was great just wanted to know if anything else can aid the window fitting
Thanks Dave

Hi Dave 1 and all.
According to VW Sparepartslist 1956 there are some traps with screens and rubbers for beetles upto 7´57. Well, the bodyspape was unchanged till 7´57, but not the shape of screens and rubbers.
SCREENS:
Standard Beetles till 9´52 and Exports till 3´51, ID 1 - 0 244 666 had original a "bigger screen" 111 845 101 (hardglass) This "big screen" combinates properly only in combination with rubber without trim 111 845 121 (only used till 9´52)

Export screens beginning 4´51, ID 1 - 0 244 667, with trim were smaller, allowing "space" for the "filled trim-groove" between screen and body. The smaller screen-size is required for Export-cars with trim. There is 111 845 101 A (hardglas) and 111 845 101 B (laminated)

RUBBERS:
Standard till 9´52 with "big screen" 111 845 121
Standard 10´52 - 8´57 with "small screen" 111 845 121 A
Export with early trim 4´51 - 9´52 with "small screen" 113 845 121
Export with later trim 10´52 - 8´57 with "small screen" 113 845 121 A
(A "big screen" in any combination of trim und rubber wont fit.)

Good luck
dave1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Split deluxe trim & clips fitment Reply with quote

Hi all,
All parts purchased from split parts unlimited
Thanks Dave 👍
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: