Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is this VW plastic part?
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

A local plumber flagged me down this morning and gave me this small VW part, that he had found in a basement that he was working in. It's about the size of a quarter and similar to a radio dial. I'm thinking it might be something from a camper?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Smokey says.... only you can prevent Bug fires!
zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

The quality of the plastic does not look like a VW part, and there is no VW part number.

Maybe an aftermarket accessory knob?

Plastic scale model part, hubcap, maybe? Kinda big, though.
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

It does kind of look like it’s from a model kit to me. You can see the 2 little tabs at the outer edge where it might have attached to the framework model bits come attached to. The quality also looks too rough to be genuine VW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

Big Bull Shooter wrote:
I'm thinking it might be something from a camper?

I'm thinking you're right, though maybe not the camper you are thinking of.

This one had them upgraded to chrome sometime during the last half century, but would originally have been plain white plastic.

Heinz Nordhoff

Last edited by Blue Baron on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

Yes, initially, I thought it was some part from inside a camper. Now I'm thinking it might have been a spare tire on the back of toy camper.
Smokey says.... only you can prevent Bug fires!
zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: What is this VW plastic part? Reply with quote

Just as an aside, how unlikely is it that the poster would get an answer if it were not for The Samba?

This place is amazing!

Please contribute!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/donate.php
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: