Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help with steering wheel removal
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorezba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

Do any of you know how to get this type of steering wheel off? It's wobbly and I'd like to see if it just needs tighten ed. I do know the 2 screws only hold the horn button tight.. now I can get them back into the button Sad , but I cannot figure out how to get the black round piece off.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

I would be willing to bet that if you remove the phillips screws by the horn button, you will find a tube with the nut that holds the adapter to the steering column. Bet the nut is loose. Socket with an extension and Bob's your uncle! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jorezba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

I did remove the 2 Phillips scres. But the issue is the horn button will not "come out" because it has a lip and 2 "ears" inside the black cap keeping it inside.
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

Can you turn the part that the screws were in and perhaps find a cut out where those tabs will not be trapped? It had to be installed some way. Just have to find the reverse way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jorezba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

I'll try in the morning. Maybe I won't get so frustrated then Smile
Jorezba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with steering wheel removal Reply with quote

Thanks for the help all, it was a pry off, Now to get an extension to get the socket n there Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: