Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

shephco - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: shephco
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 06, 2024
FloydRTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: shephco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Also:
shepco - [email protected]

I contacted shepco regarding repairing my Vanagon odometer.
I asked how long it would take and if the speedometer accuracy could be checked out as well. Cory replied that it would be a 1 to 2 day turn around and that they check out the speedometer as a matter or course.
I sent the complete speedometer, with delivery confirmation, so I knew when it arrived at shepco. After waiting a week and not hearing anything from shepco I contacted them, 2 days later an invoice arrived. I promptly paid that and a day later I received an email with a shipping label and tracking # attached. I waited another week, as the tracking # showed no movement, and contacted shepco again. Cory claimed the package had been sent and that it was the Post Offices fault. Later that same day when checking the tracking # the package was shown to have been accepted at the Post Office. 5 days later it finally arrived.
While the odometer appears to have been fixed and works, the speedometer does not. It now reads at least 10 - 15 mph slower than before. I contacted Cory regarding this and was told the speedometer was "within spec". I asked if they checked/tested this before it was shipped back and got no reply.
I won't comment much on the fact that they charged me 2x more return shipping than I paid to send it to them.
I should have figured that with no feedback this might not be the place to send it.
If you have to ship your speedometer/odometer for repair send it to a pro shop. Too much hassle from shepco and it still wasn't fixed correctly.
guitarchitect66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Cory Shepherd, C&S Fabrication & Restoration Reply with quote

Cory Shepherd
C&S Fabrication & Restoration
11951 Coolbrook Ln
Manassas, Va 20112
call/text 703.402.4008
[email protected]

I sent my 1967 Beetle Speedometer to Cory Shepherd to repair. Great experience. Cory responded to my ad inquiry immediately with a phone call, walked me through options available. Gears were replaced and all work completed within the week as promised. Well packaged and shipped. Speedo works like new, is quiet and needle & odometer move smoothly. Price was reasonable. I highly recommend this company!

Guitarchitect66
hencar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

I am very disappointed to have to report a miserable experience with Cory Shepherd and Specialty Gauge Company. After having very favorable results on dozens of gauges restored by Cory my satisfaction has come to a screeching halt.

I sold a VDO Clock that had been restored for me by Cory and Specialty Gauge to a independent Porsche garage in Ohio. The buyer informed me that the clock was losing about 10 minutes per hour.

I emailed Cory for advice. He provided me and my client with how to adjust the clock's mechanical movement. My customer attempted the adjustment but said he got the same result. The buyer of the clock said he wanted his money back. I promptly refunded the buyer the $245.00 he paid me for the restored clock. He was instructed to mail the clock to Cory for analysis and repair.

It has been months and months now and I still haven't received the clock. I have emailed Cory repeatedly about the status and if I owed any money. I have received no response what so ever.

I realize that no matter how thin the pancake there are always two sides. You have heard my side of the story and now perhaps you will hear Cory's side.

Regardless of his side of the story, I just want the clock returned to me fixed or not.
914werke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: shephco - [email protected] Reply with quote

Its been sometime now since this transaction but I must also report a VERY POOR experience with Cory at Specialty Gauge.
I guess its taken me this long to calm down.
After searching around to find a co. to work with on the gauges particular to the Porsche 914, I was referred to Cory.
Did some preliminary research, web page under construction, Facebook only.
Called & talked about the repair, costs & turnaround.
Led me to believe this was a relatively quick and common repair for him (them) so sent my core at my cost to Mananas VA & that is where the train went off the tracks.
After the requisite time I contacted him to find out status, "will have to call me back" ...well I dont have to elaborate but what followed were MANY calls, emails, txt messages, to Cory. Finally after an unreasonable amount of time & effort Im advised it is completed and an invoice is sent & promptly paid via CC.
After the span of months with the usual excuses, but no resolution & no return of my clock, I reported to my CC co that I was the victim of fraud.
That apparently got his attention and I finally got a repaired clock back.

IMO use Specialty Gauge at your own peril.
Troixb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: shephco - [email protected] Reply with quote

I really hope I’m not in the same situation as these other posts. But, I’m afraid I am. I sent Cory 2 super dash clocks that were gifted to me. I was so excited to have them. The idea of getting them working was icing on the cake. And, now I feel they are gone because of Cory and whatever he has going on inside his person to do what he does when he chooses.

A couple of months went by. I reached out. Was told one clock was working. The other needed parts. I waited. Reached out. Same explanation. I asked him to send me the clock that was working. I got a tacking number but was never shipped. This time “it’s covid”. Well, covid didn’t exist in 2015 or 2019 and it’s 2022 and things are getting back to normal. I asked for my 2nd clock back unfixed and as is. That’s when Cory went ballistic. He accused me of being angry. He accused the USPS of losing my “fixed” clock. Yet, assured me he’d make it right.

Then I got the crazy text messages and phone calls. I just want my clocks back. That’s all. You sent me an invoice and I paid. I can contest those charges. But, it won’t get me my 2 clocks back.

I’m sorry Cory chooses to do this to people and then take it out on them. Honestly feels good. Being a good person feels good. What he does when the situation arises is painful and a complete reflection on him.

I’ll get the clocks eventually. Whether mine or from somewhere else. Whatever money he made off me will be fleeting.

You’re pathetic, Cory.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: