Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Storage pedestal for So-Gen, microwave, fridge-freezer
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Storage pedestal for So-Gen, microwave, fridge-freezer Reply with quote

I wanted to free up floor space in my MV where I had a fridge freezer, an EcoFlow Delta 1300 lithium ion battery bank, and a microwave all taking up square footage that made it nearly impossible to maneuver when I pulled the backseat out into a bed at night. I drew up a rough sketch of what I wanted and sent a phone picture of it to a friend of mine who loaded into a CAD program and after some discussion and modification knocked it out one afternoon for me. The Ecoflow is in the lower left corner the microwave in the lower right corner in the dual zone fridge/freezer sits on top and is secured with a ratchet strap to the metal base of the front seat. Also showing a pic of my rear drawer I built about a year ago with my friend’s help. Also shown in the foreground the heather gray cube serves as an ottoman, seating for guests and also holds my 5 gallon bucket and other related cleaning and bathroom supplies

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigfoot_ev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Storage pedestal for So-Gen, microwave, fridge-freezer Reply with quote

bcolins wrote:
Also shown in the foreground the heather gray cube serves as an ottoman, seating for guests and also holds my 5 gallon bucket and other related cleaning and bathroom supplies

How did you mount your ottoman?

Great use of space by the way, looks really good. I have a weekender and I use the space behind the drivers seat for storage as well. I'd like to use the space behind the passenger seat but I haven't found a good way to secure things in that position.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Storage pedestal for So-Gen, microwave, fridge-freezer Reply with quote

@bcolins: Thanks for sharing! Always cool to see how others optimize space. Nice little structure you've got there! Smile

Things I'm curious about:

1) Did you bolt the unit down using the four already-there threaded seat bolt holes, or is it freestanding / movable?

2) I'm inferring from the CAD detail that it's CNC cut? (Looks like it is – very precise cutting. Wink )

3) I'd love to see your original sketch if you're willing to share it. (I'm also particularly curious how and when specifically the exact measurements came into play in your tag-teamed design process.)

4) How do you like the EcoFlow Delta 1300?

5) What's the black louvered-looking item tucked behind the storage pedestal unit?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Storage pedestal for So-Gen, microwave, fridge-freezer Reply with quote

Nice work.

I have been planning something similar.

Behind the driver a spot for the cooler that slides out so you can use it to sit on and still use the table. Then a kitchen chuck box that would clamp down on top of that. Un clamp the chuck box to take it outside for cooking or to set behind the passenger seat for a spot to sit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: