Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Thunderbug build
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Thunderbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Thunderbug build Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
What lobes are you talking about....

There is nothing wrong with new tank....The issue here is old tank has been modified to fit between shock tower bump ups...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So it is actually unmodified at the bottom. The underside of the tank has two divets similar to the super beetle ones. Hasn't been shaped in any custom fashion. The new one has a very square body underside that barely fits!

I'm guessing just a different tank then I bought
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Thunderbug build Reply with quote

Impala tail lights are super cool!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Thunderbug build Reply with quote

Yes that gold flake is a total game changer!

I have no idea about the tank though. Sorry!
y2kbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Thunderbug build Reply with quote

Nice and quick build. I'm from Sacramento and remember that buggy listed for sale not too long ago. Hope to see you on the road someday when mine is done.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Thunderbug build Reply with quote

Great looking buggy. I love the paint!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: