Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I hate weekdays......
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Retired,,,,,,,,,,,,Everyday is a 'Saturday' Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

witch day is weeker than the others? Shocked
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Been retired for 4+ years and every day is great when you don't have to get up early. There's no timetable for getting wasted, having sex, or both!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Friday used to be the best day of the year, but retirement makes every day a Friday, or Monday depending on how you look at it. Wink

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Do yourself a favor and don't follow it. Work on your car or do some gardening, or hang out on The Samba... Smile

That's what I do. My pensions and 401k are handled by an investment company where even the janitor knows more about this stuff than I....so I let them handle all this.

This.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Retired,,,,,,,,,,,,Everyday is a 'Saturday' Laughing

^^^This!^^^

I was going on 2 years retired. Yes there was a big mental adjustment. For a few months there just seemed to be no motivation to do anything, not really depressed or anything, just enjoying not having any pressure. Then I started on all the projects that were on hold until "retirement"! Holy crap! What was I thinking? I will never live that long!

Then I opened my big mouth and said I will help out a fellow who was going in for knee surgery, cover his operating run until he is back on his feet. Ya... stupid me! I'm now working 7 days a week and on call 24 hours.

Lord I hate myself for this! Every day is Monday now!
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

I'll add 2 cents... Retirement means never having enough time to do what you want to do! I wake up and sleep whenever I want, but the 'to do' list is expanding. Trying to find time to go fishing whilst also needing to work on 2 VW, painting inside, starting a garden, training 2 dogs, remodeling 2 bathrooms, spring yardwork....... don't let them tell you retirement is all laziness and hammocks. And regarding the stock market, so what, time will
help-hopefully you've got some, but inflation will get us all at this rate. (I remember the 1978 GMC p-up New for $4000 way too often.)
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

When my job was "eliminated" in 2016 (along with 6 others) after over 4 decades, it took me a few months to stabilize. So my 1970 VW that I'd purchased in 1972 which had been sitting on the side of my house for 23 years became my project, and I resurrected that for use.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=664950&highlight=resurrection+1970
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

2type2 wrote:
I'll add 2 cents... Retirement means never having enough time to do what you want to do! I wake up and sleep whenever I want, but the 'to do' list is expanding. Trying to find time to go fishing whilst also needing to work on 2 VW, painting inside, starting a garden, training 2 dogs, remodeling 2 bathrooms, spring yardwork....... don't let them tell you retirement is all laziness and hammocks.

^^^This right here is the truth folks!^^^

Time is our most valuable commodity now!

2type2 wrote:
And regarding the stock market, so what, time will
help-hopefully you've got some, but inflation will get us all at this rate. (I remember the 1978 GMC p-up New for $4000 way too often.)

Just like at Lost Wages Nevada, the only ones that win big in that game are the dealers, the rest of us are lucky to keep the shirts on our backs!

Retirement is not the time to be playing the stock market! That's for the 20, 30 and 40 year olds, they have the time to wait, we don't. And at best they will only manage to stave off inflation. The time ship has sailed for us. Use your money right now for your enjoyment. That is what it is for is it not?

I am now at the same age that my brother passed away and Dad was only 2 years older. Nope! The future is right now! All the money in the world is good for nothing when viewed from the inside of an oak box.

As for inflation... buy what you need/want right now... today... because tomorrow it will cost more. That is the definition of inflation for us!
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

OP must have really hated today...

I know what he is saying about weekends though. Things are crowded, more noise, stuff like that.

Been retired 20 years...I don't know where the time has gone, but to me, HEALTH is our most valuable commodity. Nothing else matters if you don't have it.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Thanks for all the inspiring comments, folks. Life is Good. Smile
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Our postman is retiring - she dropped my mail and said her goodbye. Been our postman since 30 years ago.

Told her im right behind her. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Postwoman.. postlady? Are we allowed to say that? Or is it now the all inclusive letter carrier?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Our postman is a woman, ok?

Same as the rifleman is a woman. Or say -man that tower woman. Laughing
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate weekdays...... Reply with quote

Letter carrier or mail carrier apparently is the politically correct term according to Canada Post... Rolling Eyes
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: