Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn Signal Switch 7 wire T2 1972-Only 211 953 513 J FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch 7 wire T2 1972-Only 211 953 513 J FAQ Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't like the price or the quality. I have no problem paying for a quality part and 50 years ago (or even 10 years ago) I could have bought a quality part.

Now not so much.

I'd rather attempt to fix the original and best quality part myself and there's a new technology providing a replacement part so we can at least try. Isn't that pretty much why this forum and it's users exist?

Why the attitude Steve? We were having a good discussion and you gotta come in here with a Debbie Downer post. I gave no disrespect, why am I getting it from you?

Is it time for an afternoon coffee? Very Happy

@countdowngarage
@bigskyeuro

1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC swap
1965 VW Beetle Deluxe Bahama Blue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch 7 wire T2 1972-Only 211 953 513 J FAQ Reply with quote

prob is junk, but to be fair, you get the housing and the cancelation ring too. if you subtract those off, it becomes a little easier to swallow. awesome if you need those parts, but no help if you dont.
If you hunt long, a nos can be found for close to those prices.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch 7 wire T2 1972-Only 211 953 513 J FAQ Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
prob is junk, but to be fair, you get the housing and the cancelation ring too. if you subtract those off, it becomes a little easier to swallow. awesome if you need those parts, but no help if you dont.
If you hunt long, a nos can be found for close to those prices.

"could be" as in past tense. With the parts more scarce, and the inflation I see double and triple prices what they were sold for three or four years ago. Frankly, lots of the repro stuff is made by the same people and on the same dies as it was 40 years ago. Unless someone buys something and looks it over, it is hard to know exactly whet the quality is going to be. It could be great or it could be junk.

For example, Jeff at BusOk sells one too labeled as OE, which usually means made by the same manufacturer as the original. Delivered probably about $275 or so, just a guess. I have never gotten anything from him but the best.

https://www.bus-ok.de/Type2-bay-Indicator-Switch-871-772-OE-Nr-211-953-513J

Or here is one labeled as an /E but it is also labeled for 1972 and an original SWF. Might be worth asking the seller to confirm. About $375 delivered nos but the seller has had the ad up for awhile so they might come down. Looks like a 5 wire. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2219655

And, this is only with about 10 minutes of looking for one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: