Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Jogoswall Extinguisher?
Not looking for alternatives, just looking to see if someone has experience with that particular device.
Thanks.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of these so I looked them up.
Interesting and compact. I wonder if it Uses Halon?
It's certainly better that no fire protection.
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0473e8c606a54aa5a98cb9d0e6e19bff?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

Well, I got it today. It is tiny, but so is my engine bay. I still will keep a regular extinguisher in the car and hopefully will never be in a car fire. It is UL listed etc. and has other industry certifications so I am hoping it will work as advertised if the car ever catches fire.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

I ordered one too. I'm going to put it on the Ghia. It's hard to say how well it will work unless you actually have a fire, and I don't plan on that.
I'll probably order a couple more and put in the bus too.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

I wonder if it would be beneficial to mount high up in the engine compartment. Heat and flames rise.
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

This thing produces gas to choke out the fire. I have it mounted low so that it can fill the engine compartment from the bottom up when it goes off. The air intake grill is on top. Eventually the gas will escape from the top but hopefully after it has choked out the fire as it travels from the bottom to the top.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

My concern is that the extinguisher propels out the side. At least with the BlazeCut, when the flame hits the tube, the propellant shoots downward, where the flame is. If this is mounted above the engine and the flame tickles it, will the propellant just shoot out the side and miss the flame? So lets mount it on the side somewhere, pointing at the engine. Well then does the whole engine compartment need to be engulfed before the Jogoswall reaches 170C ?

I'd love to buy a bunch and test out different locations and scenarios. But I don't have a spare junk ACVW to try this out on.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

my worry is that if you are at speed the incoming air and remaining heat will reignite the fire that was initially extinguished. Hard to test that without towing a car on fire... no thanks
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

My guess is that the extinguisher is heat activated. Placing it low could mean that the fire may need to burn longer before the retardant is released. I have seen many burnt engines that have zero damage in lower engine compartment spaces.
wagohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

AirHead1966 wrote:
Well, I got it today. It is tiny, but so is my engine bay. I still will keep a regular extinguisher in the car and hopefully will never be in a car fire. It is UL listed etc. and has other industry certifications so I am hoping it will work as advertised if the car ever catches fire.

Any update on this? We ordered one. Any worries about the beetles engine heat setting it off ? I see it sets off at 170c.

Thanks!
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

I have been driving with this installed. No issues at all with it going off with engine heat.
wagohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

AirHead1966 wrote:
I have been driving with this installed. No issues at all with it going off with engine heat.

Thank you.
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

blue72beetle wrote:
My concern is that the extinguisher propels out the side. At least with the BlazeCut, when the flame hits the tube, the propellant shoots downward, where the flame is. If this is mounted above the engine and the flame tickles it, will the propellant just shoot out the side and miss the flame? So lets mount it on the side somewhere, pointing at the engine. Well then does the whole engine compartment need to be engulfed before the Jogoswall reaches 170C ?

I'd love to buy a bunch and test out different locations and scenarios. But I don't have a spare junk ACVW to try this out on.
It has nothing to do with the flame, it has to do with the ignition source..oxygen etc. It's why you shoot a fire extinguisher at the base of the fire...not the flame. Saw this several times when on the fire department. It's something that doesn't get taught much anymore..but is super important especially if you have the need for using an extinguisher!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wagohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jogoswall Fire Extinguisher - Anyone with personal experience? Reply with quote

Installed on our Bay. Mounted it on the spare wheel housing. Let's see if it stays there with a little heat Smile

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: