Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Newbie baja build
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArkVduber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: VW Newbie baja build Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Lifelong VW enthusiast, first time owner. I just acquired this 69 baja project over the weekend. I will be starting a build thread on it probably this weekend when I really tear into it. I hope to learn a lot from everyone and share the progress with it as we move forward. This will be a fun "budget build" that I do with my kids to have fun, go on adventures, and make memories with. I do have a question about wheels. It has the aluminum slotted wheels on it now. The gentleman I bought it off of presented me with an offer that if I traded them back into him id get another complete bettle that is very much a "street" buildable car. Since this is just going to be a fun budget car I am planning on running stock rims up front with a 195/65/r15ish tire and the back I plan on running a 235/75r15 tire. My question is, will a stock wheel take a 235/75 tire? What is the minimum size wheel I should look for when looking for a rear wheel? Thanks in advance for any info and advice. Look forward to sharing the progress of this car.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Newbie baja build Reply with quote

How wide are those rear wheels? And what size tires are mounted on them?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Newbie baja build Reply with quote

you want steel wheels on a baja. those cast wheels will crack, under circumstances that might not even bend steel wheels

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
ArkVduber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Newbie baja build Reply with quote

The current rears are 30x9.50r15
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: