Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2678, 2679, 2680 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
I see the during pictures, but where are the done pictures? Because for 135 large, I expect it to be a done bus.....

That's nice that you have expectations.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:
Lind wrote:
so 34 flip seat subhatch 1962
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2533716

Is there anything nice about this bus? Looks to me like it all need replaced, like the entire bus.

Like a wise man once said:
know when to hold em
know when to fold em
know when to walk away
know when to RUN

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

his stuff is always over priced

And it is usually crap, at least Ev has him down to just one user name....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Something(s) about this “60” double cab just seem off. Could be an angle thing or my eyes, but the driver door line at b pillar - passenger side not shown in pictures - seems off…among other issues that are not ‘60-correct.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2549265

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Something(s) about this “60” double cab just seem off. Could be an angle thing or my eyes, but the driver door line at b pillar - passenger side not shown in pictures - seems off…among other issues that are not ‘60-correct.

Some of the images look photoshoped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

isnt this a kombi? mcode
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2549061
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Lind wrote:
I see the during pictures, but where are the done pictures? Because for 135 large, I expect it to be a done bus.....
That's nice that you have expectations.
I should clarify, those are my expectations for an ad that I am looking at, not something I would actually buy.

For a bus to enter my collection, I expect it to be mostly original paint, mostly original metal, and a special model. And less than $135k. I wouldn't own this bus at any price.

I think that most buyers who are looking to spend six figures on a bus have certain expectations.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:

Has 58 and earlier corners on it, that’s a massive turd alert right there.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:
isnt this a kombi? mcode
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2549061

Yeah it’s yet another conversion that the seller is playing coy about. Probably why it’s priced so low.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
RBurn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Lind wrote:
Erik G wrote:
I prefer a wire myself - people out here shooting eachother over a chicken sandwich let alone significant sums of cash
Must be a tasty chicken sandwich.

I'm with you on the wire transfers. I prefer them both coming and going. so much easier.

I thought wire transfers were SOP these days. I would say no to accepting a check. With a wire it is clear when the seller has the funds. Generally you PayPal a deposit, balance by wire. Then the bus gets put on a trailer and sent to the Buyer.

I'm not against a buyer paying cash and driving (or towing) the bus home), it just generally isn't the deal. Gone of the days of most bus deals being local.

I can’t imagine buying anything without seeing it in person. Have you purchased a vehicle by just looking at pictures? Was it as expected? It’s been a pia lately when buying vehicles, with fake bills, fake cashier checks etc. Ive read it can take up to 3 days for a wire transfer. I know some vehicles are gone that day if they are a good deal and look right. I can’t buy based on pictures, especially a vw. One part of my problem is walking into a small credit union, I have two different ones and they tell me to call ahead if I want to draw out more than 10k. So to buy I have to really plan it out, not so good for a “wow” great price I’ll come see it and if I want it I’ll have to get the cash out over a few days.
It’s a strange feeling knowing if push came to shove I might not be able to draw out my vast fortunes at the drop of a hat Shocked

I was toying with carrying 1oz gold eagles and most towns have a place to sell at spot. So 10 coins for about 20k, easy to carry mostly coins and some cash.

Don’t get me started on Calif and used sales tax and then registration fees Mad

Enjoy!
70 T2 Model 221 *CARR FIRE Victim
70 T2 Model 231 *CARR FIRE Victim
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

RBurn wrote:
Clara wrote:
Lind wrote:
Erik G wrote:
I prefer a wire myself - people out here shooting eachother over a chicken sandwich let alone significant sums of cash
Must be a tasty chicken sandwich.

I'm with you on the wire transfers. I prefer them both coming and going. so much easier.

I thought wire transfers were SOP these days. I would say no to accepting a check. With a wire it is clear when the seller has the funds. Generally you PayPal a deposit, balance by wire. Then the bus gets put on a trailer and sent to the Buyer.

I'm not against a buyer paying cash and driving (or towing) the bus home), it just generally isn't the deal. Gone of the days of most bus deals being local.

I can’t imagine buying anything without seeing it in person. Have you purchased a vehicle by just looking at pictures? Was it as expected? It’s been a pia lately when buying vehicles, with fake bills, fake cashier checks etc. Ive read it can take up to 3 days for a wire transfer. I know some vehicles are gone that day if they are a good deal and look right. I can’t buy based on pictures, especially a vw. One part of my problem is walking into a small credit union, I have two different ones and they tell me to call ahead if I want to draw out more than 10k. So to buy I have to really plan it out, not so good for a “wow” great price I’ll come see it and if I want it I’ll have to get the cash out over a few days.
It’s a strange feeling knowing if push came to shove I might not be able to draw out my vast fortunes at the drop of a hat Shocked

I was toying with carrying 1oz gold eagles and most towns have a place to sell at spot. So 10 coins for about 20k, easy to carry mostly coins and some cash.

Don’t get me started on Calif and used sales tax and then registration fees Mad

Enjoy!

Different person but Yes, I've bought a couple cars based on photos alone.
Either the price was cheap enough for it not to matter or there was no question about the condition
Advice I've given to others:
There is ALWAYS some issue. You want it to be something minimal though and get enough photos and information beforehand to minimize your risk.

I prefer to see and get it in person though and have done that in almost all cases
I've made agreements to buy cars for a price based on pics, seen it in person, and had to renegotiate on the spot due to issues.
Or driven away not buying it at all, which is hard to do.

A lot of VW people keep cash on hand to buy stuff.
Maybe not $10K though. Wink

Wire transfers are really fast now from what I've seen, unless it's international.
I think the last couple I did were the same day
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The most recent split bus I bought was based on pictures alone. It was a high dollar car. I bought it last summer and received the bus last month. It was better than expected, there were several things that were not shown in the photos that were pleasant surprises. It was international, so the wire transfer took about three days. All my domestic wires happen in a matter of hours unless I do it really late in the day.

All that said, buying a car without seeing it in person is crazy and potentially dangerous to your finances. Unless you are hugely confident on your seller, then you are taking a big risk.

If you have problems getting your cash immediately, get a different bank. You will get screwed coming and going buying and selling gold. Holding gold is just as dangerous as holding cash as far are theft is concerned.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I have a guy coming into town and wants to do a wire transfer once he sees the bus. At what point is it safe to let him take the bus? My bank says the transfer can be done almost instantly up to 2 days. Is it safe once it’s pending in my account?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

John Ghia wrote:
I have a guy coming into town and wants to do a wire transfer once he sees the bus. At what point is it safe to let him take the bus? My bank says the transfer can be done almost instantly up to 2 days. Is it safe once it’s pending in my account?

Once it's in your account it's finalized.
I've never seen any sort of "Pending" status - it's just there or not.
I wouldn't release it until the funds are in your account.

Is he with a major bank?
I wonder if it would be easier for him to arrange to get cash at the local branch instead and simply hand that over to you.
Unless he's coming for a vacation and has stuff to do until it transfers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Local branches don't always carry large sums of cash. You have to order the money in advance 24-48 hours.
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wells Fargo shows the transaction pending till end of business day. I called Customer Service and they said it was available to me even if it says pending. Weird
RBurn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Well, I have the general idea on the wire transfers now, thanks. I’ll check with my bank on the particulars. I guess most things are getting difficult in some ways where I’m about paralyzed on making any deals and I guess I like my money more than some particular vehicle and the hassles involved.
I know when I bought my 5th wheel and it was local and private party and I gave them x cash up front so they could get the title. I think since they were over 70 them seemed trusting. Lol, I could have been taken there. I guess when you know it’s right and it’s all good and when something looks amiss. I would certainly agree the seller makes all the difference in any deal.

Thanks for the information
70 T2 Model 221 *CARR FIRE Victim
70 T2 Model 231 *CARR FIRE Victim
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

John Ghia wrote:
Wells Fargo shows the transaction pending till end of business day. I called Customer Service and they said it was available to me even if it says pending. Weird

Thanks for the info.

Now that I think about it, when I remove money from Paypal it will often say "Pending" but it's there as I can transfer the money out to my real account
(I have a separate account I use only for incoming/outgoing stuff, like Paypal)
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

wire transfers at credit unions can be a problem going international. CU's generally don't have swift codes and need to piggy back off a bank, and of course the bank will consider the CU their lowest priority. I have chase acct and a credit union because of this...

also seen pending wires a lot through chase. not sure what's up with that but they tell me funds are avail
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

General warning:
This is not an ambulance fan switch, I emailed him
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2550314
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2550510

$70k. At least you can see what you're getting on the dealer's website:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2678, 2679, 2680 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2679 of 2710

Jump to: