Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

We need another good bus camp/show NC
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyRingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

How many are interested, and willing to pull it off? Once a year just ain't good enough. The Farmington camping was great.
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

I agree, and I don't even live in NC!
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

Plenty of good VW / bus "campouts" around.
Here's one coming soon.

High Country Bus Festival in July in NC.

There are more.

T
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)

Last edited by Tomasz on Sat May 22, 2021 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

East Coast German invasion in September is pretty good. There's also one in Maggie Valley later in the year, Raleigh in January and usually a couple of south carolina ones. There's also one in Charlotte the day before Farmington but it was cancelled this year. If you go to the Samba home page and click on event listings(right side) you'll see them all. I also noticed this one, I've never seen before: July 17, 2021 - July 18, 2021 - VW Thing Show - KTE 2021
Flat Rock, North Carolina.

having said that, I'd love to have one in Matthews, NC, just out side of Charlotte. It would be a great fund raiser.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JohnnyRingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

I know of only a couple bus only show and camping. I believe the bus camping is at xxx Mtn NC early April, it's not advertised, and I always forget it. CTS once a year May. Buli Bridgade Spring show April Daytona
Fall Buli at Clearwater. Bus by the Bridge somewhere in VA. High Country Bus in July. That's all I know of. I have been to the xxxx Mtn camping event it was sweet....
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

Have you put together a show yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

JohnnyRingo wrote:
I know of only a couple bus only show and camping. I believe the bus camping is at xxx Mtn NC early April, it's not advertised, and I always forget it. CTS once a year May. Buli Bridgade Spring show April Daytona
Fall Buli at Clearwater. Bus by the Bridge somewhere in VA. High Country Bus in July. That's all I know of. I have been to the xxxx Mtn camping event it was sweet....

That is the Natural Bus Campout at Jellystone Park in Natural Bridge, VA. I went there once. It was very nice.
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

"High" Country Bus Festival is held on a thin slice of land and there is no more room. You have to arrive a week in advance to get a decent camping spot. I gave up on it years ago.

There used to be "Full Moon in June" held near Asheville. That was fun as a camping season starter. There was also Brew Bus at Lazy J campground in NC close to Brevard where 215 and 64 meet. In the fall there was Fire on the Mountain at Lake Rabun Beach in GA, north of Atlanta. There was also Blue Bus at Mile High Campground just off the Blue Ridge Parkway between Maggie Valley and Cherokee. That last one is a fantastic location during nice weather, but every time I went it was foggy and wet.

There should be a "Freedom Bus Festival" on Fourth of July. The campout/event location needs to be on private land as federal/state campgrounds will not tolerate hippy shenanigans or even voluminous adult beverage consumption. My vote is on Grandfather Campground near Boone, NC where High Country Bus festival was held back when it was in high country. The owner may be convinced to hold a VW event again if the organizers are willing to enforce some basic campground rules (Sorry, no drunken jumping over a massive campfire, you under-aged teen!). It has been 14 years since they've hosted.
Igpoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: We need another good bus camp/show NC Reply with quote

Why not go back to Farmington Oct.16?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: