Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas prices where you are
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$4.34 Southern Colorado for entry level ethanol mixed. Diesel is $5.75ish. Quite a few stations have had nothing for sale over the last 4 weeks?? No mention in the news?? Pump heads being adjusted for $10 plus gas according to a news report on The Hill.
ubercrap
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

We learned nothing from the 1970s?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
$4.34 Southern Colorado for entry level ethanol mixed. Diesel is $5.75ish. Quite a few stations have had nothing for sale over the last 4 weeks?? No mention in the news?? Pump heads being adjusted for $10 plus gas according to a news report on The Hill.

What does ten dollar gas have to do with the pump heads? Are you referring to the double digit in the first column? I can't imagine modern digital systems needing any modification/adjustment like the old analog stuff.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I'm not expert but apparently some relationship between the pump head , the digital sensor and the ability to translate that into 4 digit/per gallon information. Its happening in Washington and Norcal, not a cheap upgrade from what I can gather in the report. I have not deeply researched this as I'm still trying to have a life. The report was on The Hill ( a half way decent news source).
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

ubercrap wrote:
We learned nothing from the 1970s?

When the national 55 mph speed limit was passed in early 1974, truckers complained that the big rigs got better mileage at 70 mph and for a time there was consideration for having 2 different posted speed limits. That never happened but the 55 mph limit was strictly enforced as I remember. I personally experienced a state trooper pulling out of a median and riding along side me for several miles. It didn't help that I was driving a 427 Stingray.

Drivers now don't care what speed limit is posted.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
I'm not expert but apparently some relationship between the pump head , the digital sensor and the ability to translate that into 4 digit/per gallon information. Its happening in Washington and Norcal, not a cheap upgrade from what I can gather in the report. I have not deeply researched this as I'm still trying to have a life. The report was on The Hill ( a half way decent news source).

Interesting. I might just dig into that for more info.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$4.16/gallon

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Quote:
truckers complained that the big rigs got better mileage at 70 mph

Fail
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Fuuuuuuuuudge.. $6.39g today.. it just keeps going and going up..
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Vermont price today:
$4.69 Regular unleaded.
$5.65 for non ethanol.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Talked with an old friend from Blackfoot, Idaho today. He said gas was $4.49 for 87 ethanol crap.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Just filled up the Benz. 6.299 per gallon. Diesel. The good news is the milage has gone up to 23 mpg as I only use it to get to the train station, 64 mile RT on I95.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Best price I've seen in the area today was 4.339 for 87 octane.

I have two cars, so I've basically just filled the Beetle up with ethanol-free 89, and let it sit while I wait for the prices to cheapen a bit. After I had to rebuild my carburetor due to sticking needle valve causing fuel to dump and flood the carb, I'm only really willing to put the non-ethanol stuff in. It's expensive, but e10 fuel seems to be going bad more and more quickly these days. Rebuilding a carb to clean out all the gunk is time consuming...
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Filled up the Ghia this morning with Sunoco Ultra 93
$5.29 Columbus Oh.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

The cheapest I paid for 87 octane since the war in Ukraine started was $5.059 on May 2, which was amazingly low for SoCal. At that same station today, May 21, it was $5.459. I filled at 10:15 AM and was lucky I didn't have to wait in line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

e10 87 is $3.95 in OKC even though it is now being reported that gas is above $4 a gallon in all 50 states.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Just filled up the work truck with Diesel. 29.868 gallons, at 6.499 is $194.11.

WTF! My pricing is going to have to double to make this work!

For those with gasoline engine. Super was 6.699, Mid grade was 6.599 and Regular was 6.399

Damn! And that was the cheapest I could find near me!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

That is a story out of Washington state. It is true, pumps being modified for greater than $10 fuel, but not for regular gas. The price for 108 octane leaded racing gas was expected to exceed $10 a gallon.

I have never paid even $5 a gallon for regular unleaded in western WA, but I understand that in Seattle it is often a bit over that. My wife has paid almost $5.50, but the MX-5 requires premium fuel. I drive about 4000 miles a year and her car is driven about 9000 miles a year so we don't really care. That's the price to support Ukraine by cutting Russian oil out of the world market as best we can. It is so much less than they are paying!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

That is a story out of Washington state. It is true, pumps being modified for greater than $10 fuel, but not for regular gas. The price for 108 octane leaded racing gas was expected to exceed $10 a gallon.

I have never paid even $5 a gallon for regular unleaded in western WA, but I understand that in Seattle it is often a bit over that. My wife has paid almost $5.50, but the MX-5 requires premium fuel. I drive about 4000 miles a year and her car is driven about 9000 miles a year so we don't really care. That's the price to support Ukraine by cutting Russian oil out of the world market as best we can. It is so much less than they are paying!

Reminds me of back in the day when the price of gas exceeded $1.00 for the first time. The pumps didn't have the set up for it. .99 per gallon was it. Of course it didn't take long for all the new pumps to come out.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Tried to fill up our Sprinter van yesterday, pump shut down at $100. It was almost full, $6.49 per gallon. On a high note I was able to drive back from Klamath Falls Oregon to Santa Rosa Calif. without having to stop for fuel... Confused If you want to play you gota pay.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Jump to:
Page 161 of 201

Jump to: