Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Build of my 74 Class 11 style car
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Still waiting for lots of parts to show up.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Windows and seals! Brakes are bled. Most of the interior is done. Still waiting on a dash. It’s getting there

McP4ppy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Looks awesome!
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

I guess the last few things take forever. Shocks are mounted. Suspension is all finished. Wiring is all done. I think I just need to run fuel lines. Still waiting on some backordered parts, but nothing that is important.
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Well, that’s not all, but it is. It runs and drives and stops. It doesn’t do any of those things well. The brakes need bled again. The progressive Weber is very rich. I’ll rejet it and see if I can get it better or just switch to something else. But, I drove it!
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Congrats on the drive!
You have plans to get some preheat on that progressive? Probably run a lot smoother if you do. If you're going to switch, get a cheater manifold from Headflow Masters and a single 40IDF.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Congrats on the drive!
You have plans to get some preheat on that progressive? Probably run a lot smoother if you do. If you're going to switch, get a cheater manifold from Headflow Masters and a single 40IDF.

Thanks! It’s a blast to drive. It is super rich and has no power, but I’m still smiling.

It does have preheat and a SVDA. I’m going to see what keys are in it on Saturday and go from there. If it’s close to where it should be, I’ll swap it out for something else. I’m using aircooled.net’s tuning guide.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Also, you could get away with a modified 34pict3 Wink
How did you route preheat?

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Also, you could get away with a modified 34pict3 Wink
How did you route preheat?

The preheat comes off of 2 and 4. This weekend I'm going to route one from the collector like John Connolly recommends.

The engine and carb came from 3000' and I'm at 7000', so I'm curious to see what it is jetted at.

I'm also going to change the emulsion tubes to what is recommended, F66 and F6, I'm just waiting to see where the jets are before I order stuff.

I'm not very good with carbs, so this is going to be a learning experience I guess. Trial and error.

Also, I don't have the choke hooked up right now. I assume it's pretty critical for these?
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Today I modified the header to work better with the progressive Weber. I went off of what John Connelly says. It made an immediate difference. I don’t know if it’s in my head or not, but the power was much better. I noticed that after driving, the intake manifold is still cold, like 45 degrees, but I’m wondering if that’s an effect of running rich. I ordered jets, emulsion tubes, and who knows what else, so we’ll see what it does.
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Build of my 74 Class 11 style car Reply with quote

Holy smokes. It’s been a long time since I updated this. Some things have changed.

Rebuilt the engine. 1600 with a few internal upgrades. Nothing major. New wheels. It runs and drives now. We moved to Nevada, so I’m using it as nature intended!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: