Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Bug-A-Fair will be held at the Terryville Fairgrounds, Town Hill Road on Fathers day June 19th from 9am to 3pm. 40 Show Car classes with 1st-3rd Place awards for both aircooled and watercooled VWs plus Special Choice awards and Best of Show trophies totaling over 140 awards! Car registration opens at 9am, judging starts at 12 noon and awards at 3pm. The show also has a huge swap meet with over 75 vendors selling used and new VW items. Food all day Sunday provided by the Terryville Lions Club. Camping Saturday night for those who want to get a jump on the festivities. All proceeds go to the Terryville Lions Club. Directions: Route 6 Scott Road in Terryville, Ct. then two miles to Terryville Fairgrounds, 171 Town Hill Rd. For more info go to www.ctvwa.org or contact: Bill Arute (860) 395-9964 [email protected] or Jeff McBride [email protected]
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

I'll be looking for a set of type 4, NOS 90mm dome pistons & cylinder kit, and other type 4 engine parts at the show.
Also check out my ads,for parts that can be available to picked up at the show.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

General show information

NO TRAILERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN SHOW CAR GATE,PARK AND UNLOAD IN SPECTATOR LOT THEN DRIVE AROUND TO SHOW GATE

There are 40 Show Car Classes with 1st-3rd place awards for both air-cooled and water-cooled VWs plus Special Choice awards and Best of Show trophies awarded.
Car registration opens at 9am, judging starts at 12 noon and awards at 3pm,if you want your car to be judged and hope to win you should stay for trophy presentation they will not be mailed

The show also has a huge swap meet with over 75 vendors selling new and used VW items.
Food all day Sunday provided by the Terryville Lions Club.
There's Camping Saturday night for those who to get a jump on the festivities. All proceeds go to the Terryville Lions Club.

Show Car and Driver $20
Spectator admission $10

Camping $15 per vehicle no hookups available
OPENS AT 2 PM SATURDAY
Bathrooms close at 10pm will reopen at 8am,hot showers available
Porta-potty available after 10

Food will be available sat night from 5-7 pm

Swap Meet Vendor $30 per 20 ft space,vehicles over that length will pay for 2 spot’s ,gates open at 8am for setup only ,no earlybirds

contact [email protected] or
[email protected] with any questions
do not contact fairgrounds or lions club

ctvwa
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

2 WEEKS !!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Some of us Ghia Forum "regulars" should try to get a group shot even if we don't have a Ghia anymore; or the car is not at the meet. Among them- Trylon, Marcdeb, xoo00oox, Bill S, moogie32, Stock Steve, Greg M, several of the CVA regulars, me; and if he's there, rbfara.
CrRusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Cant wait , Its this weekend! Should be a great weather weekend. Camping Saturday night always great times. Sounds like food is available for purchase Saturday evening, for you campers whom are hungry.

If someone is in the area of the fair grounds can check out the area for the camping, and report back, how tall the grass is? If the grass is long again, I can swing by and give it a trim, in the next few days.
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

We are ready for a great weekend
Food will be available for a few hours Saturday night and the grass has been cut
The weather looks great and we’re expecting a record crowd

ctvwa
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Can someone local update the tick situation ? It was getting bad in May, 2x above average.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Can someone local update the tick situation ? It was getting bad in May, 2x above average.

I only get a tick when I'm nervous... Laughing

See ya Saturday/Sunday..........

My Pops:
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

This is my first time attending the Bug-a-Fair. I'm excited about the weather. So looking forward to seeing so many great Volkswagens and meeting fellow Samba members.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Car registration opens at 9am, Judging starts at 12 noon and awards will be presented by 3:30pm. The show also has a huge Swap Meet with over 75 vendors selling new and used VW parts and projects.

There are 40 Show Car Classes with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for both Air-Cooled and Water-Cooled VW's plus 21 special awards and Best of Show trophies for Air-Cooled Stock, Air-Cooled Custom, and Water-Cooled.

Food and beverages will be available all day Sunday for purchase provided by the Terryville Lions Club. There's camping Saturday night too for those who want to get a jump on all the festivities. All proceeds go to the Terryville Lions Club.

Show Car and Driver $20
Spectator Admission $10
Camping $15 per vehicle
Swap Meet Vendor $30 per large space.

******NEW FOR THIS YEAR******

*Water-Cooled A-7 and Up Class has been added

*Transporters 80 and Up now includes Eurovans

*No trailers will be allowed in at the Show Car entrance! Please unload trailered show vehicles in the spectator parking area and drive your VW into the show entrance. (We need the extra space for anticipated swap meet vendors, thank you for your cooperation.)

::::::::::1st -3rd Show Car Classes:::::::
(Show cars are judged on a point system)

A. Stock to 53
B. Stock 53 to 57
C. Stock 58 to 64
D. Stock 65 to 67
E. Stock 68 and Up
F. Mild Custom to 67
G. Mild Custom 68 and Up
H. Radical Custom
I. Beetle Convertible to 72
J. Beetle Convertible 73 to 79
K. Ghia Convertible
L. Ghia Hardtop
M. Special Interest, Kit Cars, and Trikes
N. Baja and Rails
O. Transporters to 67
P. Transporters 68 to 79
Q. Transporters 80 and up Including Eurovan
R. Wate-Cooled A-1 Stock
S. Water-Cooled A-1 Modified
T. Water-Cooled A-2 Stock
U. Water-Cooled A-2 Modified
V. Water-Cooled A-3 Stock
W. Water-Cooled A-3 Modified
X. Water-Cooled Full Custom
Y. Type 181-Thing
Z. Type 3&4
AA. Water-Cooled A-7 and Up
BB. New Beetle
CC. Daily Driver Air-Cooled Pre 68
DD. Dunebuggy
EE. New Beetle Custom
FF. Water-Cooled A-4 Stock
GG. Water-Cooled A-4 Modified
HH. Super Beetle
II. Water-Cooled A-5 Stock
JJ. Water-Cooled A-5 Modified
KK. Volksrods
LL. Daily Driver 68 and Up
MM. Water-Cooled A-6
OO. German Non-VW

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::Frequently Asked Questions:::::::::::::::::::::::
* Friendly leashed dogs are permitted at show and camping but must be tended to.

*There are no ATM machines at the Terryville Fairgrounds so bring cash.

*Camping area gate will be open Saturday afternoon at 2pm. The Lions Club will come through later at night to collect fee. Camping is $15 per vehicle.

*Food and soda will be available for purchase Saturday night at the Lions Club booth from 5 to 7pm.

For Additional information please contact Bill Arute, show director at 860-395-9964 or [email protected] or Jeff McBride [email protected]

Connecticut Volkswagen Association
http://www.ctvwa.org

ctvwa
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Excellent show as usual! Thank you to everyone who was involved in making the show possible!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

As always, what a great show. I wouldn't be surprised if it broke some kind of record

Good to see everyone and find out everyone is doing well... and being able to bust Bug City Dave's balls... always a pleasure of mine Laughing

found it funny that a bunch of my split/bay friends graduated to vanagon's, and few went on to eurovans. what is the world coming to? Shocked

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Great show as always. Saw some fantastic cars there, loved the police bug. I got some pretty good video clips so there should be a video of the show soon.
Skills, I’d like to meet you at one of these shows sometime, be great to put a face with the name.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

Skills, I’d like to meet you at one of these shows sometime, be great to put a face with the name.

i'm the guy following Bug City Dave making off color comments ... should be ez to spot Laughing

no problem, next event shoot me a p/m and we can arrange something. i may try and go to the westbrook show this year

it was funny, a lot of people wanted to meet me this year, not sure if i should be honored or spooked out Shocked no one punched me in the mouth, so that was good. met a bunch of folks and was able to network pretty good.

the show was super busy, i wasn't able to track down some folks despite stalking their cars. like i said, there had to be some records broken. speaking to an event staff member he was almost positive there was a record broken

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Good show again !! Looked like a HUGE crowd, not sure the ACVW's were a record, but a ton of WCVW cars. Good to have time to talk to most of the "old School" VW guys Saturday & Sunday. My Favorite Vw :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Pops:

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Great show this year!

obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
... and few went on to eurovans. what is the world coming to? Shocked

Eurovans are cooler than we thought! Come to the dark side - we have roofies.

I mean cookies...

crukab wrote:
Good show again !! Looked like a HUGE crowd, not sure the ACVW's were a record, but a ton of WCVW cars. Good to have time to talk to most of the "old School" VW guys Saturday & Sunday. My Favorite Vw :

You know 15 years ago we all made fun of the water pumpers because they were too new, but now even those new cars are vintage!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
... and few went on to eurovans. what is the world coming to? Shocked

Eurovans are cooler than we thought! Come to the dark side - we have roofies.

I mean cookies...

You making sandwiches in Stanley?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: