Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
I haven’t been to concerts or club acts in 2 years. My old ass is currently in a California desert enjoying a few days of musicians. Had to make up for lost time.

Like this 68 year old man Cool

Link

Danny Elfman is the one responsible for "The Simpsons" music

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

GWAR coming up on Monday!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

slayer61 wrote:

Danny Elfman is the one responsible for "The Simpsons" music

He sure did. That living legend was 30 years old when I was in high school in the mid 80s. He looks fantastic and put on a great show this year at Coachella. I was right up near the stage. He had a full orchestra on stage. The dude next him playing guitar was the original guitar player for Oingo Boingo. He has been the conductor of the orchestra of the Danny Elfman theatrical tunes you’ve heard of. They played OB songs and songs from their movie and TV productions like the Simpsons, Edward Scissors Hands, Batman, and other film scores. It was truly a treat to see. If you need to kill time, noodle around his Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Elfman

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
GWAR coming up on Monday!

THAT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!! Cool Never a fan of GWAR music but I’d watch them perform any day. Like old Playboy magazines. I hated the articles but loved the pictures Wink Have fun Manfred.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I saw Steve Hackett, the original guitarist for Genesis in a small, 200 seat venue. Had third row seats. Excellent show. The following morning, Steve and Wife walked into the restaurant during breakfast. I spoke to him,and thanked him for the great show. He’s a super nice, polite guy.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone needs to actually own a GWAR album , maybe a short spotify playlist. Its about the live "engulfment" of the raw chaos, GG Allin ish experience. If I survive I'll report back.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Not sure if anyone needs to actually own a GWAR album , maybe a short spotify playlist. Its about the live "engulfment" of the raw chaos, GG Allin ish experience. If I survive I'll report back.

Exactly what I what to hear about. Of course Manfred, we have similar music expectations from the eclectic musicians we like and dislike. That’s why I’m excited for your concert experience. Now, should you see any stray Juggalos getting loose, feel free to…………. Wink
I’m kidding of course (ICP is not GWAR, I get that) Many unique groups I like and want to see perform, people would rightfully so judge my shitty music taste :fist: Have a great time Manfred. Some members on this thread have great musical range and diversity. Looking at you Toolbox Applause

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

Exactly what I what to hear about. Of course Manfred, we have similar music expectations from the eclectic musicians we like and dislike. That’s why I’m excited for your concert experience. Now, should you see any stray Juggalos getting loose, feel free to…………. Wink
I’m kidding of course (ICP is not GWAR, I get that) Many unique groups I like and want to see perform, people would rightfully so judge my shitty music taste :fist: Have a great time Manfred. Some members on this thread have great musical range and diversity. Looking at you Toolbox Applause

I hail from the land of Juggalos and in fact went to high school with Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope. They were in the same class as my younger brother. Also worked at the same concert venue as they did too. Always hated working an ICP show, just a bunch of broke ass deadbeats, almost like wannabe vanlifers. I can be in the middle of nowhere and spot Juggalos, it's a bad habit.

I have seen the spectale that Is GWAR willingly many times. A friend was their manager until he recently passed and would catch up whenever he was in town. GWAR puts on a hell of a show and give the paying customers a great show for their money.

I have not been to a concert sine the world shutdown. I did miss Jawbreaker, Wayne Kramer and Gary Neuman when they came through Detroit due to family obligations. I need to remember to check the concert listings so I can plan ahead.

The last how I did see was Hatebreed, Clutch and Dropkick Murphy's. It was good catching up with my friends from Maryland.

Useless info time...
My at the time 10yo daughter and the rest of the family were on The Absolutley Mindy Show on Sirius XM Kids Place Live. That was a blast and the hosts are a party. They let her take phone calls, pick music(with a little input), make up birthday challenges and pretty much host for an hour and a half. We thought we were just going for a meet and greet and were invited into the studio. It was a blast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Well, I survived ( yes, I wore a white shirt and was properly slopped with goo). They delivered in spades and the crowd was diverse, wonderfully weird, and amped up thanks to a surprise opener. Goatwhore led the charge and just killed it. If they had opened for anyone else they would have stolen the show. It was a pure energy show, no drunken behavior, bad attitudes. Anyone who went down in the pit was quickly rescued and sent to the edge. Crowd ranged from 8 to 75 years old, sold out and nobody left early.

My entire view of ICP really changed after hearing them on Nightline many years back . They gave a very intellectually dense explanation of their art form and it revolves around the ancient talent of clown magic. They provide a mirror of the socially engineered environment they grew up in. It really doesn't matter if the critics get it, the fans do.

Society needs a lot more GWAR
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
subhuman wrote:
saw ministry, the melvins, and coc at the ritz in reliegh this past wkend, great show, not a huge fan of coc but the melvins and ministry were awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! that sounds like good show. I was into CoC back in the day. Didn't even realize they were still going.

Animosity is an amazing album.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Jack White last night in Portland. “Supply Chain Issues Tour” I thought he put on an amazing show. Played 25 songs and covered his other bands too. Added bonus. No cell phones allowed. You had to lock them in a neoprene pouch that could only be unlocked outside. That was cool.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-white/2022/moda-center-portland-or-3bb4d4f8.html

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:

My entire view of ICP really changed after hearing them on Nightline many years back . They gave a very intellectually dense explanation of their art form and it revolves around the ancient talent of clown magic. They provide a mirror of the socially engineered environment they grew up in. It really doesn't matter if the critics get it, the fans do.

ICP has a product and knows how and to who to market it too. They are also very smart that they own the whole supply chain for their product. They are generally good people who had a very fucked up early life and made something that can support them and their families.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

ICP has a product and knows how and to who to market it too. They are also very smart that they own the whole supply chain for their product. They are generally good people who had a very fucked up early life and made something that can support them and their families.

The artist that created and perform in ICP are fine. It’s the 45 year douche that paints his face and becomes a dick head in his alternate ego (Jugalo) It’s very similar to the NFL Raiders football team bro. The team is passionate, the fans are passionate. Then some dum dums dress up and put makeup on and become belligerent dicks to random people enjoying the show. Nothing wrong with dress up time. Just don’t be a dick hole to others.

Now here is a band I’ve seen as young kid. I learned a little later in life, that this band and it’s audience should fuck off. Dang me, I love the tempo. I hate the hate.

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

^^^^^^Exactly! Behave in some reasonable fashion at shows, in an airplane, at the game etc.etc,. We can work it out in the pit if need be. I have been to some extreme shows that were absolutely packed and out of control ( Rage against the machine, Marylin Manson, Motorhead-back in the day). They were violent and there was blood spilling. It stayed at the show and everyone was getting along in the parking lot afterwards. The distinction can be a fine line and you damn near have to live it to absorb the difference.

Burning Spear doing like 10 shows worldwide, including Denver. Its such a bitch to get in and out of that town it may keep me home. I am tempted...
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:

Burning Spear doing like 10 shows worldwide, including Denver. Its such a bitch to get in and out of that town it may keep me home. I am tempted...

July 26 he’s playing in my hood. I have some stuff going on that day. I might have to move something around and Jah See it Wink Thanks Manfred. This was not on my radar. Xatie and I on the deck listening to a legend.

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Black Flag, Agent Orange, and the Ramons in the early 80"s.
The mosh pit was a blood fest. Dudes were exiting the pit, only to rush back in for more action.
In the restroom. I saw soo many bloodied faces. It looked like the aftermath of an MMA fight.
Me? I stayed out of that. I like my blood, inside my body.

After the show, the parking lot crowd was calm, compared to inside the show.

I haven't been to a concert in years.
I missed out on ZZ Top a couple years ago at a free entry county fair. Dammit!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I really should include the Beat Farmers and "Country Dick Montana" in the list of obscene shows. The venue wanted the show stopped but it was out of control, no real damage outside of some broken chairs. Dick and the "band" were playing different songs at the same time, lights were out. After the eventual demise of the mob scene, every one hung out in the parking lot and made new friends.

Its really hard to explain....
Johngus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Primus at the palace theater in St Paul! It was awesome! They played a whole set of entirely Rush music. The farewell to kings album. The rest of the Primus sets were great too! Opening act was Battles, very cool.
Kennys72bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Going to see The Doobie Brothers on September 29.....!!!!!! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

One that I will be going to! Probably need to hit the Chicago or Toronto show as no Detroit date yet.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 27

Jump to: