Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KDF spindle availability
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

I’m still looking for a pair of Kubel spindles. I’ve tried wanted adds and FB groups with no luck. Where else can look?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pig-pen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

HO22?
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

I thought you told me that you knew some engineering types, and that the stub axles should be straightforward enough to make? I've always known this wasn't the case, and that is why they are expensive when they turn up, typically £1,500 a side. If you are able to find a set at HO22, they will be at a premium, and accordingly, they'll be mega expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mackaymanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

Have you thought of trying Country Buggy spindles, they may fit. You will end up with a larger spindle diameter though.

May be easier and cheaper to get.
kdfkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a set of orginal KDF spindles to restore
Thanks Christian
[email protected]

Last edited by kdfkid on Wed May 25, 2022 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

kdfkid wrote:
Hello,
I have a set of orginal KDF spindles to restore
I would like to get 1800 Euro for them
Thanks Christian
[email protected]

Thanks Christian, you have email.

Last edited by sinclair on Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF spindle availability Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
I thought you told me that you knew some engineering types, and that the stub axles should be straightforward enough to make? I've always known this wasn't the case, and that is why they are expensive when they turn up, typically £1,500 a side. If you are able to find a set at HO22, they will be at a premium, and accordingly, they'll be mega expensive.

Thanks Martin. I can have the axles spiral welded and machined whatever the damage no problem, but I only have one…. So really I still need another or a good set.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: