Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Holley 2100 / 2110 (bugspray) in a 1200 cc / 40 hp
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2100 / 2110 (bugspray) in a 1200 cc / 40 hp Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
hi every one .i ran and drag raced holley bug sprays in the 1970s this is what i found out to make them run . first off he did not have to cut the fan housing they made a adapter to move the carb for ward so the carb would not hit the fan housing .on 40hp motors . a 200 cfm holley bug spray works the best .the 300cfm carb is way to big for any street motor .i only used the 300cfm carb for racing . you have to lower the float using a 3/16 drill bit .the bug sprays don't like a lot of fuel pressure i ran 1lbs to 1 1/2 lbs of fuel pressure .i used 50 main jets on my 200 cfm holley carb . the bug spray carbs work best with a dizy set up for 12 to 14 degs intl. timing. all in by 2,8oo rpm a total of 32 degs timing bug sprays run best with out a vac .dizy . they do like pre heat to the manifold. back then they ate spark plugs lol the plugs did not last long back then i found that champion L82Y plugs lasted the best or L87Yplugs. don't run a open plenum type manifold that has a big hole . run a 1.1/4 " tube ram manifold .all so use a stack about 2 1/2" to 3" high to stop fuel stand off . with out a stack on a vw .it wants to make a fuel fog out of the top of the carb it can climb up to from 3" to 5" above the top of the carb at high RPM .all so guys back then did not run a acc.pump they dismantled the acc pump. i all ways ran mine on the lowest pump shot . i must say this . they are not the best carb to use .there are better carbs out there now a days . but if you love the old school look go for it holley sold a lot of them for $59.00 lol have fun. just my two cents take it or leave it spencerfvee

Wow this is great information, thank you! The How To Hot Rod book (dated I admit) raves on the bugspray and according to the accompanying chart just that mod alone adds like, 8 hp IIRC.

thanks again. I know I'm not the OP, but it is cool to hear from people that were doing cool stuff to soup up their veedub back in the day.

Ted
kurtski8406
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2100 / 2110 (bugspray) in a 1200 cc / 40 hp Reply with quote

I wish I could find a Holley Bugspray for $59.00 these days! My set up is entirely too close to the generator. Can I add a short base plate under the carb? Where can I find one?
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2100 / 2110 (bugspray) in a 1200 cc / 40 hp Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2453929

Have you looked in the classifieds on this site?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2100 / 2110 (bugspray) in a 1200 cc / 40 hp Reply with quote

There was a guy in the swap at the Classic this last weekend. He had 3 and a SP manifold. I don't know if they were 200's or 300's. I think he wanted $150. I thought about making an offer but knew nothing about them and have enough projects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: