Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

16CVs - [email protected] - stacy schneider
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 16CVs
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
moxbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another super satisfied customer here. I drove my 87 Westy down from Seattle, and stopped in the Bay Area to visit a friend. So I dropped the van off with Stacy to dx and repair the electric windows. He did a great job on those, they are SO FAST and happy now! Took me through everything he found and what he did. There were some previous "clever" fixes for notoriously weak plastic parts that he left intact (with some admiration for the anonymous fixer), and some other hacks that he fixed.

But ... he also looked over the van and found the remnants of the cruise control system (it had never worked since I owned the van), with a vacuum hose that had a hole in it. He removed that vestigial part and ... voila! ... I now get 20 mpg and there is a slight but noticeable increase in power up hills. He gave me a few other pointers as well, and an emphatic recommendation to replace all my fuel lines. All that in a day.

I wish he lived in Seattle. Or I lived in the Bay. Either way, I'll be looking for opportunities to have him work on my van as the opportunity arises. He is, as the previous poster says, a treasure for our community.
volkylover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a pair of rebuilt p/w motors from Stacy and they are working as well as new. Great communication, too. Thank you, sir!

Linus Van Pelt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onemorodeo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 16CVs - [email protected] - stacy schneider Reply with quote

I met Stacy about a year ago at a Vanagon meetup in Southern California. He was extremely knowledgeable in all things Vanagon, especially the power windows/mirrors. I got a set of his power window switch protective covers. If you have power windows/locks these are a must have and worth every penny! Stacy helped me fix my window regulator today by talking me through it. Like I said, I only met him once, but he took the time to help. He could have ignored my text or just responded with a text of his own, instead he called me and made sure I was on the right track. I can’t thank him enough for his help and encouragement! Please support a fellow Vanagon guy and check out some of his unique products.
Ride-Fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 16CVs - [email protected] - stacy schneider Reply with quote

Stacy just did some work on my ‘87 Wolfe. My driver side window stopped working and the pax was slow. Rather than sending him the regulators and motors, I asked him if he could do the job if I came to visit his place. He was happy to accommodate my request, and I finally made my way his house in Redwood City. He ended up replacing both window motors and a pax side regulator. The pax side was an aftermarket Bosch motor and an Italian regulator. He encountered some problems during the fix- the switches were backwards and sometimes didnt cooperate. He was able to figure out the issues and now they work great! He spent about 3 hours working on my van, and with two motors, a regulator, and two custom door inserts (that he developed and produced), was half the cost of what a specialty VW shop would’ve charged me. Stacy is seriously the man! Great, nice and friendly dude!
2018 Ford F-350 Platinum, Ruby Red Metallic
2017 Mercedes GLE350, Polar White
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: