Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Burley UCAs and road noise
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deaddrift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced more road noise after installing Burley upper control arms? In this aftermarket part, a metal heim joint takes the place of a synthetic bushing, and I have heard increased noise transmission is a side effect.

Has anyone experienced this after installing these UCAs? Or conversely, not experienced it after installing these UCA'S?

'91 syncro Westfalia, 2nd and 4th owner

Ò,ó
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

Personally, no, and I've used Burl's tubular and CnC versions.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad design. Best of luck asking for support from them.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

I think you're better off focusing on tire selection if road noise is your concern.
iliketowalk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

Mateo83 wrote:
Sounds like a bad design. Best of luck asking for support from them.

Trolling much?

Have had them and not noticed any increase in NVH... But a Vanagon is not a Tesla, there are many noises (not least of all the wind) that would mask any small increase in noise you'd see from a solid joint in this location.
deaddrift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

I appreciate the timely feedback, thank you all!

'91 syncro Westfalia, 2nd and 4th owner

Ò,ó
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Burley UCAs and road noise Reply with quote

No complaints here. They work great if you need the extra adjustability. I would get another set if I needed them. I have not noticed any additional noise from them - I installed them over 5 years ago. As far as heim joints go (for street use), I've got another car with aftermarket A-arms (Like burleys, but for old corvettes). The car handles like it's on rails. The joints are very robust. It was the best single improvement I've made to the car.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: