Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drksderob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

I have a manual transmission 1995 Eurovan 2.5 gas. Its starts, idles and drives fine other than one spot.....at 3000rpm it has this minor hesitation which is very noticeable when on the highway at cruise control when hitting a small hill under load. Its not a crazy buck or anything but it drives me nuts. Its had a lot of work on the last year. New plugs, wires, distributor with cap and rotor. Timing has been verified. fuel pump and filter are fairly new. when I smoke tested the intake system, I had smoke pouring out of the egr valve. I vacuum tested the egr valve and it moves, but should it be totally sealed off at some point? Im open to ideas.

thanks,
Rob
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

drksderob wrote:
I have a manual transmission 1995 Eurovan 2.5 gas. Its starts, idles and drives fine other than one spot.....at 3000rpm it has this minor hesitation which is very noticeable when on the highway at cruise control when hitting a small hill under load. Its not a crazy buck or anything but it drives me nuts. Its had a lot of work on the last year. New plugs, wires, distributor with cap and rotor. Timing has been verified. fuel pump and filter are fairly new. when I smoke tested the intake system, I had smoke pouring out of the egr valve. I vacuum tested the egr valve and it moves, but should it be totally sealed off at some point? Im open to ideas.

thanks,
Rob

The leaky EGR valve certainly seems like a place to start. Uncontrolled intake leaks can cause these sorts of issues. You might also consider replacing the MAP sensor in the ECU as a proactive measure.
eurovanpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

Also check that relay for the ECU with the rosstech software. There is a vid on how to do it with a mechanic that shows a lot of repairs on the 2.5.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

eurovanpilot wrote:
Also check that relay for the ECU with the rosstech software. There is a vid on how to do it with a mechanic that shows a lot of repairs on the 2.5.

I think it's this video you seek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIw9g3cJgY&t=482s
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

coil? I had a similar issue. Mine started with cutting out in high heat under load. I first replaced the magnetic pick up in the distributor and the coil. After that, I developed the 3K RPM hesitation similar to your condition. Turned out that the "new" coil was bad. Installed another coil and all was good.
EuroTec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1995 Eurovan 2.5 hesitations Reply with quote

EGR valve being faulty will cause a hesitation.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: