Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixball
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

Does an adapter exist to run a DCNF on a DCN Intake Manifold? I am having a hard time finding a DCN. It seems DCNF’s are more readily available. It looks like some welding and machining could make it work, however if an adapter is already available, that would save me time. Or if you know of some DCN’s, let me know. Thanks
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

All I can comment about this is that I've run a single Weber 40DCNF on a matching dual port manifold with my 1835cc engine since back in 1976. And it runs well, has NEVER been off its manifold in all those years, but did need a replacement accelerator pump diaphragm once (due to a leak).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Some welding may be in your future....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
RCP Phx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
All I can comment about this is that I've run a single Weber 40DCNF on a matching dual port manifold with my 1835cc engine since back in 1976. And it runs well, has NEVER been off its manifold in all those years, but did need a replacement accelerator pump diaphragm once (due to a leak).

Some welding may be in your future....

It looks like it could use a "little lovin"! Are you in the PV area? I'm over at the 17 and Bell.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

RCP Phx wrote:
It looks like it could use a "little lovin"! Are you in the PV area? I'm over at the 17 and Bell.

I'm near Tatum and Greenway, but spend part of the summers near Prescott.

My 1971 has its Maaco paint job from 1978, its top from 1980, and needs to have the engine tins painted black, next time the engine is out. However, the 1835cc engine hasn't been apart since 1986, and the engine hasn't been out the convertible since 2005 !!!

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
RCP Phx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
RCP Phx wrote:

I'm near Tatum and Greenway, but spend part of the summers near Prescott.

My 1971 has its Maaco paint job from 1978, its top from 1980, and needs to have the engine tins painted black, next time the engine is out. However, the 1835cc engine hasn't been apart since 1986, and the engine hasn't been out the convertible since 2005 !!!

Your closer than I thought, my friend lives 1 block south of you on Redfield/48th! This is my 60th year here in Phx, how about you?

Last edited by RCP Phx on Wed May 25, 2022 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

as far as I know, no. They are essentially the same carb except 3 and 4 bolt flange as you are well aware. I'd get a 4 bolt flange, tap the under side in the middle, go through the intake with a long stud, probably stud the flange itself upward too, through the manifold on the back. Shoulndt be terribly difficult

this guy might even do it for you

http://ebbcomachineshop.com/product/weber-dcnf-mounting-flange-12-aluminum/

sixball
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

Actually two of the “corner” holes don’t line up. I could get a thick DCNF Billet spacer and countersink the middle DCN hole, but I would still need to weld the DCNF Spacer all the way around. I wish I could just find a DCN Carb.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

RCP Phx wrote:
Your closer than I thought, my friend lives 1 block south of you on Redfield/48th! This is my 60th year here in Phx, how about you?

I'm actually REAL close to your friend, real close to Redfield, especially if that friend is on the east side of Tatum (48th Street).
RCP Phx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
RCP Phx wrote:

I'm actually REAL close to your friend, real close to Redfield, especially if that friend is on the east side of Tatum (48th Street).

He's right on the NW corner so your 8 houses east. How long have you been here? We had seen your bug before in the neighborhood but never thought about a possible connection to Samba!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

RCP Phx wrote:
He's right on the NW corner so your 8 houses east. How long have you been here? We had seen your bug before in the neighborhood but never thought about a possible connection to Samba!

Sent private message
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

If the barrel spacing is the same (DCN - DCNF) why not weld up the holes in the manifold, and drill new ones to match your carb? Using a spacer is fine till the throttle cable is too low or the air cleaner is too high..
sixball
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

esde wrote:
If the barrel spacing is the same (DCN - DCNF) why not weld up the holes in the manifold, and drill new ones to match your carb? Using a spacer is fine till the throttle cable is too low or the air cleaner is too high..

The DCN Intake is smaller than the DCNF - mount hole wise. The Throats are the same, but the DCN intake does not have enough “meat” for the 4 DCNF Holes.
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber DCNF on DCN Manifold or Adapter Reply with quote

I made a adapter to run a DCNF on a Holley bug spray/Zenith manifold...

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: