Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Hello,
We are posting 4CORE again this year. The trip has been a big success over the years and are opening it back up to the public again. Stupid Covid…. This year we will be heading south into New Mexico, in hopes to escape the rains that we saw last year.

We will be meeting Friday 7/29 on Pass Creek Rd. on the east side of Wolf Creek Pass. Lots of room to camp up there and we’ll just find a spot that will fit us all.

On Saturday 7/30 we will be up and out of camp by 9am. We will head east on Hwy 160 to FR360 to Beaver Creek reservoir. This is where we will meet anyone who didn’t make the Friday night campout. We will plan on leaving the Beaver Creek Reservoir parking lot around 10am. From Beaver Creek we will head south on FR360 to FR332 to FR330 (Summitville Rd). We will camp in this area on Saturday night.

Sunday 7/31 we will get up and out around 9am. We will continue south on FR330 to the town of Summitville. We will stop in Summitville to explore and do the tourist thing. We will take FR330 to FR380 to 250 south. We will take 250 south to 17 south, we will take 17 south all the way to Chama. This will be the end of 4CORE.

Many of us will continue on and camp for the rest of the week. After stopping in Chama we will be heading south on 64/84 to 95, where we will camp on the Chama River Sunday night. From here we will play it by ear and meander our way west to Tico Time in Aztec. Tico time is a RV resort that will hold this years Bus by the Rio event, which will be held in conjunction with Jam Fest. There will be a specific bus camp and there are discounted bus tickets for the event. So, there are 2 separate events held on back to back weekends in the south west this summer.

Link to Tico Time for anyone interested.
https://fourcornersjamfest.com/

We will get a list going for the people that plan on attending 4CORE .

Thanks,
Rich Parker

Pic from 2021 4CORE, Telluride Co
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Here’s a link to the Facebook page. I’ll try to post updates there for those of us that aren’t on here as much.

Looking forward to it!

https://fb.me/g/1qyw3tmRC/0dQFIkcb
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Enjoy!!! I'm sure it will be a fine time.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

We made the sticky!!!!!!

We have 5 buses committed to this year’s adventure. The mountains of Southwest Colorado are always a blast, come and enjoy the adventure with us!!!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

4CORE is 2 weeks away. Is there anyone from the samba that is planning on joining us?
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

I'm out, hope you get a good attendance...that is a fantastic route.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
I'm out, hope you get a good attendance...that is a fantastic route.

There are 5 of us as of now. If there is no others coming, we’ll most likely change the Friday night camp spot to somewhere on FR360. As three of the five going are coming from east of South Fork. No need to travel to Wolf Creek and back to South Fork again.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

hell yea richie
stoked for the trip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Any updates on the route or details?
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

busboyjake wrote:
Any updates on the route or details?

I sent you a text this morning. Bubba and I decided we are going to keep to the original post/plan. We will be meeting on Pass Creek Road on Friday. Bubba and I will be driving over together and will hopefully be there between 2 and 3 pm. We are gonna head up the road until we find a a spot large enough for 7 buses. He’s camped up there many times, I’m sure he has a spot in mind.

I did confirm Saturday night and Sunday nights camp spots with Chris. We are good to go!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Well, looks like Mother Nature has thrown us a curveball this year. The weather is terrible, it’s been raining and it is supposed to continuing raining for the next week. It’s currently snowing in Summitville, which was to be a stoping point and we were going to camp near there.

To be safe I’m moving tonight’s camp location off Wolf Creek Pass. Instead of meeting on Pass Creek Rd (FR390), we are going to camp on Beaver Creek Rd (FR360). We will likely be at Upper Beaver Creek Campground. As it’s been raining so much, a developed campground will most likely be a better choice then some where in the NF where we will encounter a lot of mud.

Everyone who has confirmed with me has bailed except one person. He and I will be camping tonight and going to the meet point at Beaver Creek Reservoir tomorrow morning to see if anyone who hasn’t confirmed shows up. At that point we will most likely be changing the plans. This amount of rain we have received mixed with snow will be a bad combination for our buses in the backcountry.

Please post here or PM me if you are planning on coming and haven’t contacted me yet.

Thanks,
Rich P
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

4CORE was a blast!

I showed to Fridays camp spot around 12:30ish and it was pouring. I was pretty wishy washy about going seeing how the weather had been so terrible the last week. Mtnbus was the only one who showed up for the event. We hung out, made lunch, set up camp and just chilled. The longer we chilled, the more wobbly pops we had, the better the trip sounded. So, we said Eff it and decided we should go. I’m glad we did, it was a blast! We were in the donut hole all day, rain all around but no rain on us. We decided we should probably do the whole trip in one day before we’re worried about getting stuck in the mud at a camp spot if it rained hard. We stopped at all the spots I had planned and we successfully made the 94 mile trip in one day. It did rain on us towards the end, but the roads were in great shape and we had no issues. Saturday we camped at a developed campground cause gravel is better then mud. Sunday we drove into Chama, NM and filled up. Premium was only $4.34/gallon, winning. We continued 50 miles south of Chama and turned off on FR151. We continued down 151 for 10 miles and found an awesome camp spot right on the Chama River. It was an epic night of camping and exploring. Today we got on the road around 10ish and made the 175 mile trip home. This years route was by far the prettiest and most scenic route we have ever takin. I’m sure the photos won’t do it justice, but here’s a bunch of them.

I’ll be back out on the road in 2 days!

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2022 4CORE - July 29-31 Colorado Reply with quote

Glad you 2 made the trip...speaking of which Amanita Muscaria are acceptable hallucinations. You'll barf and talk to yoda. Now Amanita Pantherine are really heavy , only for advanced pschy-nauts with supervision. Thanks for sharing. I miss camping sometimes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: