Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Posting quotes
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Posting quotes Reply with quote

How do you post quotes? I did it once but can't find how I did it

Thank you

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Find the users post and click "quote" at the top right of post.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Yes,. that is the easiest way if you want to quote another user's post.

If you are trying to do it manually there is also a "quote" button on the Reply screen.
You press it once to start what you want to quote and once to end it.

it will end up looking something like this
[quote]Text I quoted[/quote]
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Sorry- I actually want to add one to my signature

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

I have tried to post it in the signature box on the control panel but I get this message

Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered to a user. Contact [email protected] if you would like access to the existing account or click one of these links:
Forgot Password | Forgot Username

Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Go into your Control Panel (link at the very top of the site). From there you can edit your signature. I think there is a 500 character limit right now.

If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Still getting this

Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered to a user. Contact [email protected]

Won't let me change my signature line

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

That error:
It sounds like your web browser might be auto-filling the "email" and confirm email" fields with the wrong/a different email than your current email on your account and that email happens to be registered to another user. You might have made another account in the past and forgotten about it.
Check that...

PM me what you want to put in the signature and I'll do it if you can't get it to work and verify I don't get that error too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Thanks buddy- I noticed that when I go to my profile page, the confirm email and the current password boxes are highlighted and the confirm email box has user name in it. I've tried changing the confirm email box to my email but when I click to submit, it changes back to my user name and nothing can be changed

I have been using the same user name and the password " lucki for a while.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Your web browser is auto-filling that when it shouldn't be, although usually you can simply overwrite it or blank it out.

If it won't let you do that, you might have to clear the auto-filling stuff for thesamba.com in the browser settings page.

How it should be:
When you open the Control Panel page:
Email and Confirm Email should have your correct email in them.
The 3 password fields should be blank
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting quotes Reply with quote

Thanks to you and Jennifer.

I deleted both the confirm email and password, refilled those and changed my password. I think it's working now.

Thanks again

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: