Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyBoland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

A few months ago I placed a thousand dollar order with J-Bugs and waited. And waited, and waited. Got tired of waiting and called them up. I was told things are backed up because of the Wu Flu. Kyle (I think that was his name) stated they are a few days behind. Okay. I waited TEN more days before I called again. I got the same guy on the phone. This time he told me they are two weeks behind. When I questioned the discrepancy in time estimates he got all snarky with me. So i told him to cancel the order. His exact words were "That's fine" and he hung up on me. I've been spending my project $$$ at SoCal or Appletree ever since.
Jrh5r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Have ordered several thousands of dollars of parts over the last few months for my VW Bay. They have the best prices and have been pretty fast shipping things. It would be nice to know if things are in stock before ordering though. Overall good experience. More to come. Felt compelled to make an account and write this as I look for a 1.7 engine
Mrfun2fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Prior to knowing about this feedback string I posted topic giving JBugs and.TMI good review for a mis cut carpet piece. Mark at JBugs was a Rockstar and got this taken care of. For details of good results of how professional JBUGS took care of business see the following link:)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134927

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jonny Hotnuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am canceling a $600 order this Monday (*not open on weekends) after waiting weeks with no update and no reply to several emails inquiring about 'order status' with ZERO response from jbugs.

Covid problems or not this sort of BS is 100% inexcusable.

~JH
Mrfun2fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jonny Hotnuts wrote:
I am canceling a $600 order this Monday (*not open on weekends) after waiting weeks with no update and no reply to several emails inquiring about 'order status' with ZERO response from jbugs.

~JH

Have you tried calling Jbugs? I think it was Mitch who helped me in the past w interior stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jonny Hotnuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mrfun2fly wrote:
Jonny Hotnuts wrote:

~JH

Have you tried calling Jbugs? I think it was Mitch who helped me in the past w interior stuff.

There are 11 pages on this thread, dating back to 05 that predominantly describe the same issue I have.

Have I called? No, --I feel I shouldnt have to call and nag them to get them to answer my emails or questions. I would be much more apt IF they hadnt been doing this EXACT SORT OF THING TO PEOPLE FOR THE LAST 16 YEARS.

My only regret is not reading this thread before I ordered.

~JH
Jonny Hotnuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just an update...

I ordered my pans from Wolfsbergwest and the windshield from So Cal. Imports.

They both shipped within one day! Pans arrived today and windshield will be here tomorrow. I am VERY pleased with the both of them.

~JH
wrh3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

My first experience with JBugs has been less than stellar, I also got to deal with Jake Escandon (mentioned a few posts down) over email and phone initially after FedEx misdelivered my windshield. I did call and speak with David who was MUCH better at listening to and trying to provide resolution for my FedEx delivery issues, maybe he will turn my JBugs experience around.

I have owned many water cooled VWs over the years but this is my first air cooled VW so I guess I will become more familiar with the alternative vendors out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
wrh3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

As a follow-up to above, David was great and I would do business with JBugs again based on my experience with him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Franklinstower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

As others have stated over the last 17 years, I am pissed they don't tell what is in stock and what isn't. I got half my order and the other half only has some stupid note about it being a kit so the order status is not accurate. I used their online chat to find out the shit I ordered isn't in stock (rear wheel bearing seal kit) with only a mention that they will send me an email when they ship...Zero idea. I let them know my frustration. no response. I just wish they would list before I purchase if something is in stock or not. It is very irritating the lack of transparency of their products in stock when ordering on line. And refused to refund the shipping I paid. Maybe walk in is better, just don't order on line.
SM-JBugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not sure which kit you ordered, but most of the kits actually list the back ordered items.

https://www.jbugs.com/product/113-0669.html
clockworkbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I think J-Bugs has been working on the customer service side of the business. I have had issues with slow shipping but the last few orders I have placed have been shipped very quickly. I bought door hinges from them that were out of stock everywhere else for months. 3 of the hinges were fine but one of them was manufactured with a big gap where the two parts come together. I called and was sent to a voicemail and I though "oh great, it going to be a pita" but I saw that they had a chat option. 2 minutes after starting the chat I was chatting with a customer service rep. I told them the issue and they asked if I could send a picture. It took me a minute but I figured out how to do it and the rep asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I told her I needed a replacement but didn't want to wait for the whole return and then replacement loop. She said I didn't need to return it since it was obviously defective and set me up with a replacement shipping the next day. I was impressed.

TLDR: Easy returns using the chat option at J-Bugs.com. Have a picture of the defect to submit and you may not even need to ship the bad part back.
Wild Iris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Watch out for JBUGS' punitive returns policy (20% reduction and you pay the shipping). In an era when I can order several similar items from Amazon, audition them for form, fit, and function, and return what I didn't need with zero penalty and zero shipping charge (I'm a prime member which might make a difference), it's a really unpleasant wake-up call to lose 1/5 of the value of the item to a 're-stocking charge'. Additionally, returns are a pita requiring a phone call, an rma, a trip to the PO, etc., all 20th-century inconveniences imho.

Their site was ambiguous as to the suitability of an item, and I bought the wrong one by bad luck. Now they hold me accountable.

I would look elsewhere unless you have no choice.
Cornwallav8r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Here's another Jbugs incident to add to your saga. I accidentally ordered another $362 door rubber kit for my bug resto. It's partially backordered, and nothing has shipped yet. I just called them, they said there was NOTHIG THEY COULD DO, as the items are all being packed up for shipping IT'S TOO FAR ALONG IN THE PROCESS for me to do anything about it, you'll just have to wait and receive it, send it back at your expense.

I had to ask 3 times for him to clarify why the hell he can't just walk up the hall and speak with the people packing this order. He just gave me some bullshit about being too far along...this is ludicrous. I bought all my materials from Jbugs so far. I'm done. Never again. Jbugs can go to he11.
Cornwallav8r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jonny Hotnuts wrote:

~JH

I just tried to do exactly that, and they told me I COULDN'T. I'm tempted to call my credit card company and order a chargeback. This is fraud.
MikeGyverOG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a gas tank for my '63 this Monday at 5pm and it was delivered today, Thursday, at 3pm.

Easy peasy.
mrcolieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Worst customer service experience I've ever had with any parts business. I placed a small order for some brake parts this last week and immediately realized that the shipping address was wrong, my fault. I tried to follow up with a phone call for correction and it went unanswered. I tried twice for a live chat and included the correct shipping info and got no response. I emailed their customer service email with the correction and got no response. I called first thing at 08:00 the next morning and tried to explain that I would like an address change and was told "sorry it's shipping to the address you submitted". When I started to ask what they suggest I do and that If they couldn't help I'd have to cancel the order I was yelled at and told I would be blacklisted from Jbugs forever. Got an email them today though stating the parts had arrived at the wrong address....
Any business but Jbugs from now on.
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I’ve had nothing but good luck.

J bugs has fast shipping, good pics and great videos.

I even called during a sale to ask about trouble with my charging system, they offered to have a tech call, the sale ended and I had missed the call. I bought an alternator after the sale and figured it was my fault for missing the call. Magically they refunded me the difference a few days later. What great service!

-Joe
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Why do they wait until you have ordered and paid for the part to tell you that it's back ordered? Been three weeks now.

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
FReynz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was a little concerned, when an item I was considering purchasing, a VW tow bar was still in my basket, when I added a couple of more items, clicked submit and paid.

Needless to say, I panicked a little, as I did not want to towbar. I was certain I would get a refund if I sent it back, but there are challenges associated with receiving, repackaging, and make new arrangements for return.

Click several buttons, left two messages. The next day, I received a message indicating that the towbar was removed and canceled from the order, and refund would be issued.

It is clear that JBugs takes customer service, seriously and is attentive to the needs of the customer. I am a fan. This was my first purchase and I’m very happy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: