Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rbbed bumpers
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim McCabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the stainless steel ribbed bumpers from Viet Nam?

Question
jitbba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

Not the ribbed but I have 2 sets of overriders and am very pleased. Had them since 2014 and the other set in 2018 and they still look like new. One car is a garage queen and the other stays outside. Check my pics
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

You would probably get an answer if you posted this question in the split beetle forum.
j-sou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

They are later style bumpers with ribs hammered into them. No where near the correct shape for a ribbed bumper.

Enjoy!

Link

edit- If you want reproduction ribbed bumpers, forget stainless and go with the BBT bumpers. They are awesome!
Slick_50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

Yes I have a set on my '51, very nice. I'm sure there are several vendors so quality will vary. The guards needed some minor filing to fit perfect, and the hardware is subpar, but otherwise I'm very happy with them. The ones I ordered came with brackets but they were complete garbage, so I ordered a very nice set separate. Not museum quality, but very good overall for the price. iirc the site was evwparts.com
glass guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

Hi, I met ya in Antioch I was the guy selling a 53 as well in Pleasanton
About the bumpers I bought a set from Vietnam one word HORRIBLE!!
Her name was Alli . I think all those factories are owned by the same people (Imo)
I went to send them back after arguing with them, they finally caved into refunding my money, but I would have to pay for the shipping to send them back and only when they received them in their possession would I get my money the problem was them shipping was twice what I paid for the bumpers.
Cheers, Tony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my3bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

thanks for sharing that Video . the price is the only thing appealing , the rest looks junk to me .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DUNTOVFAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rbbed bumpers Reply with quote

I bought a set of ribbed bumpers from CIP1 for my 62,don't know if they are stainless but they are machine pressed,very nice piece,and very expensive. Think I paid close to $1100 for just 2 bumpers and no hardware but I'm very impressed at the quality. Now I haven't got them on the car yet,hopefully there are no surprises.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: