Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 974, 975, 976 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

House wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

oh hell yes, nice find!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice score!
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sweet! Does it have all the seats?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Man I wish. No flat back middle seat. Mad
Still need to look at the back seat to see if it is flat or not. Looks suspiciously round.
Finally got the decklid open with about an hour of torching and spraying penetrant. It is a March of 1957 and has a 40 horse and big nut trans in it.
Bet it packed the mail! haha
It had huge trailer taillights on it and I was really hoping there weren’t monster holes underneath them to match…
Guess we’ll rack this up as somewhat of a win!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Great find!
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

House wrote:
Still need to look at the back seat to see if it is flat or not. Looks suspiciously round.
Finally got the decklid open with about an hour of torching and spraying penetrant. It is a March of 1957 and has a 40 horse and big nut trans in it.
It had huge trailer taillights on it and I was really hoping there weren’t monster holes underneath them to match…

You're stoked!

Untampered and mint taillight holes and the mint square reflector holes, too!

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

X2, looking forward to a thread on this beauty.

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
House wrote:

You're stoked!

Untampered and mint taillight holes and the mint square reflector holes, too!

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I am not a YouTuber, but I did film the cracking of the decklid and the taillight removal for my fellow bus lovers enjoyment… Smile
Seems to be last registered in 1977.

Decklid Opening
https://youtu.be/jr46gVCJkDo

Trailer Taillight Removal
https://youtu.be/qXIXYtPFmfw
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Cool.

How did you apply heat? I don't see any burns on the church key opening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I used a handheld butane torch and some cheap penetrant that luckily wasn’t too flammable. Since I needed more leverage than a church key could take without breaking I used a 3/8” ratchet with a 1/4” drive adapter and a short extension. I actually thought I broke something when it finally let go. I thought all the doors and rear hatch were locked, but they weren’t, they were just all seized up solid. I got all of the lock mechanisms, spoon latches, wing windows, and even slider latches to free with the same basic method of heat and spray, heat and spray, etc. Took the front bumper off today the same way without breaking the side bolts, I was surprised. The perils of a closed up bus that sat there for 45 years... Confused
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

House wrote:
I am not a YouTuber, but I did film the cracking of the decklid and the taillight removal for my fellow bus lovers enjoyment… Smile
Seems to be last registered in 1977.

Decklid Opening
https://youtu.be/jr46gVCJkDo

Trailer Taillight Removal
https://youtu.be/qXIXYtPFmfw

Great reveal videos. Short and to the point! I’d be happy to watch more, particularly if you have one on heat application to free up stuff please 😎😎😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

OK, I’ll have to find something else that is stuck first! Laughing
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Cool Applause

House wrote:
I used a handheld butane torch and some cheap penetrant that luckily wasn’t too flammable. Since I needed more leverage than a church key could take without breaking I used a 3/8” ratchet with a 1/4” drive adapter and a short extension. I actually thought I broke something when it finally let go. I thought all the doors and rear hatch were locked, but they weren’t, they were just all seized up solid. I got all of the lock mechanisms, spoon latches, wing windows, and even slider latches to free with the same basic method of heat and spray, heat and spray, etc. Took the front bumper off today the same way without breaking the side bolts, I was surprised. The perils of a closed up bus that sat there for 45 years... Confused

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ingenbremser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Finally! i have been waiting 8 years for the phonecall.. yesterday i got the call, you can come and buy the singlecab now... Very Happy

Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Cool...'65? Was it a deal? I assume pretty rare to get calls like that anymore.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
ingenbremser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
Cool...'65? Was it a deal? I assume pretty rare to get calls like that anymore.
registered here as a 64, yes, it was a deal from long ago, that if he would consider selling it anytime, i would be the buyer Smile
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Congratulations ingenbremser, great to hear this, good job on the 8 years of patience. Applause Applause Applause

ingenbremser wrote:
Finally! i have been waiting 8 years for the phonecall.. yesterday i got the call, you can come and buy the singlecab now... Very Happy

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

For years a guy has told me , he had a Split Bus and that he would sell it. Weĺl sure enough he did . 13 window walk thru. Now home.
1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen

Last edited by AC Mack on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Dang, that looks pretty nice and original.

Ambulance step too, cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 974, 975, 976 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 975 of 990

Jump to: