Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear suspension lift
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lost in desert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Rear suspension lift Reply with quote

Hi guys and Gals. Question. I just got a 1968 baja. DP motor and IRS. The po raised the suspension by re-indexing the torsion bars. I want to keep the lift but the flex plate is resting on the stop so every bumb comes with a thud. Without changing the torsion bar setting how should I address this? Cut the stop off and add limiting straps or is there something else I don't know about. Thanks very much for any help.
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rear suspension lift Reply with quote

Is the spring plate notched? If not, a notch can provide some clearance. If its resting on the stops, and you cut them off, you could potentially end up with more lift, and of course then you have to consider what type of cv joints you have, and how much angle they can handle. Limit straps would definitely get rid of the banging.
lost in desert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Rear suspension lift Reply with quote

I didn’t consider the increase cv angle. Great point, thanks. I may just lower it one outside spline.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: