Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KGS Restoration - Kevin Stramandinoli
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOEL64VERT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: KGS Restoration - Kevin Stramandinoli Reply with quote

I had a 1960 pan at a restoration shop in phoenix to have new pan halves,blasted and powdercoated,cost $800.00,said to be completed in two weeks, $400.00 down the rest would be paid when work was completed,few weeks went buy problem #1 pan halves on back order going to be a week or two ,month later, problem #2 at powdercoating shop there swamp with work backed up for few months,went down there to resto shop he said it can be picked up in a week or two.four months later problem #3 powdercoating shop doesnt have my pan ,resto shop said it might of been throw away to scraped ,problem #4 powdercoating place doesnt recall the pan and they said they get blamed alot for other shops mistakes.resto shop said they have another pan and title 1960 but it wont match my vin plate in front.In good fate the shop makes right and finds my pan,and i can finish this project ,HELP FIND PAN THANKS . VIN # 2765626
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be raising hell with the shop that "lost it." By all means name them by their name, they deserve the attention. I'd be pissed as all hell if a shop lost my pan. From previous experience I will never again have a car with mismatched body and pan VINs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your good as long as you NEVER EVER want to sell your car for a decent amount of money..
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Your good as long as you NEVER EVER want to sell your car for a decent amount of money..

Yep, if you're doing a restoration, your final product just took a SERIOUS hit on the value. Regardless of how well you do the rest of the work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MinamiKotaro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxx wrote:
i would have my Lawyer raising hell.

For real. Get a lawyer and turn him loose.
Check out my ongoing story.
JOEL64VERT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess ill talk to a lawyer,
Drag N Fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..thats funny..I know 2 people who took their cars there..1 58' ghia took 1 yr to paint it and the guy took it out of the shop in pieces and did not pay for the mess...another one was a 59' euro rag that KGS had for 2 1/2 yrs and still effed up the paint and then reshot it and came out with alot of runs and scratches...also the pan was the wrong one at first then they found the right one outside rusting...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
LincolnFocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: KGS and CROWN RESTORATION...one and the same... Reply with quote

This shop is still there...same owner, same address, just a new name. Kevin Stramandinoli now is the "manager" of Crown Restoration...a company that his relative created to avoid payment of a court awarded judgment against Kevin and his old business.

Here is the gist of what he did coming from the PLAINTIFF in the case against Kevin and came off the Facebook site for Crown Restoration AFTER Kevin was DUMB enough to "friend" the plaintiff on Facebook....

The following was posted to the wall of "Crown Restoration" Facebook page to expose him for what he is...a thief and a crook.

Kevin! So great to re-connect with you ...in the virtual world!

It seems like only days ago that I dropped off my '64 Lincoln with you and $18,000 to restore my car, but it was the spring of 2007!

My, how the time has passed...since that time, you DESTROYED my car, misrepresented the progress of the restoration while I was deployed in AFGHANISTAN, YOU SPENT MY MONEY ON YOURSELF...I took you to court, I was awarded a judgment in court for over $27,000, I deployed a FOURTH time, fought to get you to even PAY ANYTHING on that judgment...you CLOSED KGS Restoration and opened Crown Restoration (in an obvious effort to prevent me from getting my awarded funds)...I had to pay 5 Star Engines MYSELF to get MY engine back...I had to PAY someone else to come get the RUSTING shell of a car and all its HUNDREDS of parts, PAY for STORAGE of the JUNK until I returned from WAR, continue to pay an attorney to get money from you until you FINALLY managed to pay me $5000 after you delayed for MONTHS.... even then, even after you demonstrating the inability to pay the remaining amount due, I graciously WAIVED the COURT awarded interest, elected to LOWER the amount of the judgement AND allowed a payment plan of $300 a month to pay off the amount YOU STOLE from me. In April of 2011 you made your first payment, and in July of 2011 was the last $300 payment you agreed upon. Since that time, you have failed to return the calls of my attorney, or from me!

And now you "friend" me on Facebook! WOW!!!! Should I expect a check soon?

Anyone that was ripped off by Kevin can join me in exposing him and help this Veteran get his money that he is owed...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003608799528&sk=wall
JOEL64VERT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgs still around in phoenix i hope not
60 ragtop bug
65 bug
BRANDEN HOY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: KGS Restoration - Kevin Stramandinoli Reply with quote

Yep, still around and still ripping people off. I know of at least three cars that he has been milking along for over 10 years. Tens of thousands paid for parts that don’t exist and work that’s never been done. The crazy part is that there are people who will defend this pile of shit. He’s a liar and a thief and everyone in the VW community should know.
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: KGS Restoration - Kevin Stramandinoli Reply with quote

My friend went down there to pull his bus out (was cut up for new metal then sat for several years) but Kevin couldn't release it because it's up on his rack waiting for welding - Kevin doesn't have a welder, you know; someone who can weld? My friend is now shopping for a lawyer but I doubt he'll get any satisfaction or monetary reimbursement for the $$$$$ he's paid Kevin. Friend said he knows other folks who were able to go in and grab their rides recently...I get the impression Kevin's operation is circling the drain. Why would someone with so much business choose to flake out and destroy his livelihood?

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: