Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WW okrasa carb jetting
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

Hi, just got my 36hp ww okrasa engine built and running..
It’s got ww crankshaft/cam and the top end kit with new standard barrels an pistons…
It’s running rich on idle and pops and bangs on low to mid acceleration..
I’m still running the original jets that came with them.
So just wondered if you guys change the jets at all?
Tia
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

Same here.
I built a single port with the WW carbs and cam (and 83mm) and a bit on the rich side.
I'm going to stick some hotter plugs in to start. But also need to go down a bit on the jetting.
WW only has one size down I think. Not sure if that's going to be enough...but it might be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gingerporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

So do you all have good results using the standard jets that come in the ww okrasa carb kit?
Or do you swap them out? If so for what sizes?
Tia
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

If your idles are 50s then try going down to 45s. Also you might want to try a different plug. I settled on ngk b5hs. Fuel might be an issue if you are using e10. Go with the jets first and change one thing at a time is my advice.
Doug914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

My engine sounds identical to yours. I ended up going with 24mm venturi’s (stock is 26) and 125 Main jets. All the other jets were stock. Runs pretty perfect and definitley not rich. My big initial problem was too much fuel pressue showing it was rich and then chasing jets in the wrong direction because of it..Once i corrected the fuel pressure to 2psi, i had to undo all the jetting back. The smaller venturis were done to get a bit better drivabilty and torque. Also I’m using NGK BP6HS spark plugs.
Lastly, run enough timing advance. 34-35 degrees seems right for these motors Using an 010 distributor.
gingerporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply’s and info guys much appreciated 👍
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

If you're using Wolfsburg West intake manifolds...check for the mating surfaces being flat. Or better yet, plane them flat.
I got in a hurry putting the carbs and intakes on, and didn't check and had a vacuum leak from the carb to manifold surface.
Hope you get it sorted out...they are a fun little engine to drive!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: WW okrasa carb jetting Reply with quote

I eventually just decided to order the one size-down jets from WW and went to a hotter plug- NGK B5HS. It seems to have made a great difference, much better. Probably get the B*P*5HS next time (that P is the protruding electrode), but couldn't remember if I had clearance in the head.

I'll add that I was feeling like my spark was a little weak for whatever reason and I've been having problems with condensers (car is 100% stock 6V system) and installed the 1844N6 pertronix for my 010 distributor. Really not one to recommend unnecessary mods that replace historically reliable parts..but --
The Pertronix is a NOTICEABLE difference; just less moving parts, better tolerance or whatever. That alone cleared up some hesitation right off idle I could easily have blamed the carbs for. It ticks over just like it's supposed to, smooooth like a sewing machine again. With the carb jetting, hotter plugs, and Pertronix it is seriously nice to drive. If you drove it You might be convinced that the engine I built isn't an absolute hack job.
2nd thing: the BR25 / 010 Distributor also a much batter match than the 019. That extra 5-7* advance is useful.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: