Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

You making sandwiches in Stanley?

Wouldn't be the same without you and Raj!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
... and few went on to eurovans. what is the world coming to? Shocked

Eurovans are cooler than we thought! Come to the dark side - we have roofies.

I mean cookies.

Laughing

when I saw you in a EV I could see the progression, bay>vanagon>EV. I almost had a stroke when I saw Manny in a EV. Then 2 bay people I know turned up in Vanagons

Link

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
... and few went on to eurovans. what is the world coming to? Shocked

Eurovans are cooler than we thought! Come to the dark side - we have roofies.

I mean cookies.

Laughing

when I saw you in a EV I could see the progression, bay>vanagon>EV. I almost had a stroke when I saw Manny in a EV. Then 2 bay people I know turned up in Vanagons

That's what happens when you get old and soft.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

Manny started it! He bought his weekender a few years ago (maybe 2-3?)
I only just got into the EV scene, and now Erika bought her 95 also!
Not gonna lie, I was worried it would lack the bus charm, and it is definitely different; but the usability of these things is off the charts. What it lacks in vintage it totally makes up for in multipurpose usability!

Bay Pride Alliance is dead - I mean hell, I was Bay before it was popular (right Glenn?) now we have the Long Island Eurovans! Exclusive invite only type stuff here now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

having basically owned a vw camper my whole life the progression is pretty amazing.

honestly, splits are kinda sucky in the camping department (imho) and early bays are *meh* at best. late bays are even better and the vanagon pretty much nailed it imho.

vanagon's are goofy enough. way, way too much EV 'only' parts for my taste but i will say the EV camper does a good job of giving a nod to the late bay/vanagon setup

anyway, it was pretty funny to see everyone driving a "not in my lifetime" vw, my self included Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

The crap I got when I showed up w/ my '91 Carat Vanagon, 24 years ago didn't bother me, nor did the guys ragging on me about my '86 Doka, after having Split trucks/Buses since 1980, I DON'T CARE what people think !
Did we get an official count on the # of cars & spectators from the show ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

A record turnout of 390 show cars,80 vendors and over 1800 spectators
Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a great day

ctvwa
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

390 show cars! Wow! I thought it looked like more than ever this year. I do miss the pancake breakfast at the Litchfield Firehouse. It seemed to fall right into place perfectly with the car show right down the road. I hope they're doing ok without the VW guys showing up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

Skills, I’d like to meet you at one of these shows sometime, be great to put a face with the name.

i'm the guy following Bug City Dave making off color comments ... should be ez to spot Laughing

no problem, next event shoot me a p/m and we can arrange something. i may try and go to the westbrook show this year

Bug City Dave! I love that guy LOL. Cool, next show I'll shoot a message your way.

Here's my little video of the show-

Link

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

rbfara driving his '60 Ghia Cabrio on his way back from the Bug-a-Fair VW meet in Terryville, Connecticut on Father's Day June 19, 2022. Southbound on CT Route 8, running an easy 75 mph. His Ghia won Best in Show, Stock Aircooled! Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

great shot of a great vehicle!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT bug-a-fair 2022 - June 19th Reply with quote

The CT club, did a great job running the show as usual. It was nice to see familiar faces.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: