Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wayne Johnson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Wayne S. Johnson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just an update, going on four years since I've installed Wayne's Hybrid starter
in my 1960. Still cranks Great and works every time. Love it!
snj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

A decade ago, I bought a 1962 Sapphire II radio at a swap meet. It didn't work, but it looked pretty. I spent a few hundred dollars having a guy on TheSamba go through it to make it operational. Then I sent it back, because it was finicky, and the guy worked on it some more. At its best, the radio was... ok. But only a few stations ever came in well, and even when they did, the sound was terrible. Voltage fluctuations wreaked havoc on the thing. Headlights on? Better adjust the dial a bit. Wipers on? You just lost that station. Brakes applied with headlights and wipers? Just turn the radio off -- you're not gonna hear a thing.

After a few years, I was tired of being underwhelmed by the Sapphire II and got in the habit of leaving it off all the time. The car that radio is in is my daily driver, so I stashed a set of earbuds in the glove box and resorted to using my iPod (and later, my phone) for audio purposes. All the while, I kept staring at that beautiful radio and dreaming of gutting it and installing some sort of amplifier to which I could connect a music player. I tinker with building my own crappy standalone mono 1W amp from a kit I find online, but the results are again very underwhelming, and the format leaves much to be desired, so I give up on it.

Fast forward to 2017. I'm browsing the classifieds on TheSamba and notice an ad from Wayne. He's offering a service where he'll gut your Sapphire radio and replace its original audio equipment with an amplifier and bluetooth receiver. He can even make it work on 6V, which is a big plus if you're a purist like me. I decide I've had enough of this Sapphire II and beg the vintage radio gods for forgiveness as I ship my radio off to him to be gutted and converted into a bluetooth receiver + amp.

Every step of the process was a breeze. Wayne was great on communication and speedy in doing the actual work. I hooked the converted radio up to a RetroSound dual voice coil speaker mounted in the stock location, and the results are quite impressive. I'm thrilled to finally have an audio solution for my Bug that sounds great without sacrificing aesthetics. This is exactly what I've been wishing for all those years.

Thanks, Wayne!
Rob R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I got a 12 volt to six volt flywheel starter from Wayne a while ago. I finally finished the restoration and the starter works fantastic. Thanks a lot.
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sold four starters to use for rebuilding. Transaction was smooth very easy and he was a pleasure to deal with. Recommend him highly as a buyer and or as a seller. Look forward to doing more business in the future even if it means I have to buy a starter from him. Wink thank you again for smooth transaction.
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chippy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a hybrid starter from Wayne for 1964 Notchback. Excellent work, fast turnaround and the shipping protection for the package was sweet.
****Highly recommended starter source for specialty applications****
Thanks again Wayne.
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a semaphore controller from Wayne. He was easy to contact and walked me through the entire process. Wiring is not my best skill so Wayne even built a test apparatus to help me with the install. I would purchase again from Wayne and would recommend his product and the support for his products.
Bruce Ebling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wayne S. Johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently sole my 1200 engine, this is a text I received form the buyer.

Hello!
Your engine is looking real nice. Right now the 40hp engine that I purchased from you is at a machine shop being prepared for assembly. I disassembled the engine and was quite pleased by how solid the case and most parts were. The bearings were all std/std. The case had never been line bored nor was the crankshaft ever turned. The heads were in great shape but were ready for a rebuild. Although I initially wanted to install the engine as-is into my 61, I opted to rebuild the engine and also rebuild the transmission in my car. It's turning into a complete rebuild of the running gear, suspension and 12 volt upgrade.

I'm quite happy with the purchase of your engine. It turned out to be the best year for 40hp engines. At the speed I'm going, I won't have the car on the road until the end of summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have a 60 Euro bug, with both fender top signals (stock bulbs), amber headlight halo turns (LED), snowflake taillights (LED) and semaphores (stock bulbs). Let's just say it's been a cluster of a mess for 3 different VW Bug shops to resolve.

I paid Wayne a visit to get his 12V turn solid state signal switcher installed. I'm pretty green at doing VW wiring, but he guided me thru installing it. We ended up going with aftermarket Semaphores, which Wayne found out needed some modifications to ensure they don't develop a short down the road.

Learned a LOT, and got my semaphores working, flashing in sync with the dash arrow and both the front stock and LED signals!

Amazing product, and Wayne is a super knowledgeable tech. I have yet to see anyone else offer as many (or any) electrical solutions to VW Bugs.
Denny B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a used 6v starter from Wayne. Arrived packed extremely well. I haven't put it on the car yet but ran it on the work bench and it tested great! Thanks Wayne!
VW4G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I sent my starter to Wayne for a rebuild. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the service and how quickly he completed my rebuild. He is extremely responsive by email and was there to assist if I had questions. I highly recommend Wayne's service.
sfspanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wayne upgraded my Sapphire Bendix I to a 12v to 6v step down as well as the Bluetooth stereo upgrade. Radio came back looking almost new and the sound is amazing. Nice to have the original radio for aesthetics, but now I can actually listen to what ever I want off of my phone.

If you are looking for someone to upgrade your Sapphire Bendix, or looking for radio repair in general, do not hesitate to contact Wayne. I had the radio back in my possession 6 days after I shipped.I just ordered another Bendix I for my 1960 bus

Wayne is a great addition to our community. Thank you Wayne.
a.marscapone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had my 12V Sapphire V radio in my 1967 beetle converted to bluetooth. Love it. Connects quickly to my iPhone and sounds awesome.

Wayne was great to deal with, very efficient and fast turn-around. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.
67 Lotus White Beetle Sedan - current
fly2kads
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I picked up a refurbished Sapphire III radio from Wayne for the Beetle I am restoring. So far, it seems to work great! It looks clean and neat, to boot, and it was well packaged for shipment. Well done!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JLtype10504
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a 12v wiper motor for my 65 Beetle. Item is as described. Great communication and overall transaction. Thanks Wayne.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Tecism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄NUMBER 1 ALL THE WAY▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wayne fixed a Sapphire 1 radio for me and added Bluetooth. He communicates exceedingly well. Packaging and workmanship are second to none. Gave me extra wire connectors and helped me double check my charging system.
The best part: The sound quality of the Bluetooth module. Plenty of volume, connects easy, sounds great!
Thanks Wayne!
jimpascale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Over 10 years ago Wayne compiled an exceptional stereo for my car. My car still has its original 6V wiring. But didn’t stop Wayne from developing an incredible 600W amp powered system that makes every drive in my ‘59 an absolute pleasure. Recently I contacted Wayne & had some questions; he stepped right up, 10 yrs. from my purchase, & he helped me through the problem I was having. Now that’s outstanding customer service! Thanks Wayne, you are da man!
Jim
The ADAC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Stand Up, Great products & Fast Shipping. Thanks Wayne!! 👍
jkersting
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

The hybrid starter is amazing. Talk about an ingenious and quality solution. Love the fact that I’m not frying my starter and shredding my flywheel. Plus, I got the starter super fast and well packaged. So cool!
wheelsfetish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a stock 66 67 beetle AM/FM radio from Wayne. Wayne was very supportive in giving assistance and support. His item arrived quickly , well packaged it and as expected with no disappointments. He even set up and labeled the wires with correct terminals that made this installation much easier. Best of all, he's a kind and knowledgeable person to deal with.

Wheelsfetish
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: