Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best VW Car Show in the World
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dantexco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Greetings everyone =) Do you know where is the Best and Biggest VW Car Show in the World?? I have heard that is in Germany and Brazil and Mexico and the USA.

I am planning to do a trip this year and the destination is base on the show =)

Thank you
ib-bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Not sure about being the best but it may be the biggest in the world.
Busfest in Great Malvern England.

Been a few times , over 8000 vw buses show up from Split buses to T6 Transpoters.

The parking lots where day visitors park usually has a few hundred VWs .

It happens every year in September https://www.busfest.org/busfest/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rays-64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Check out clips from last years Prado show in Southern California. Hugh and will be bigger again.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

rays-64 wrote:
Check out clips from last years Prado show in Southern California. Hugh and will be bigger again.

This for sure is a good US on. But I think VolsWorld show in the UK is quite the spectacle.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Some of the Finest at the "Day of the Volkswagen" by Volkswagen Club of Victoria at Yarra Glen Racecourse, Victoria, Australia.
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Hessisch Oldendorf is the best in my opinion. Worth the 4 year wait.
Phil 4:13
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

I totally agree with the previous gent! Hessisch-Oldendorf is the best one that I've ever attended (three times now!). If I was only allowed out to attend one VW show, it would be the H-O weekend... the Bad Camberg weekend would be a close second choice.

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

I'd take into consideration the duration of "the show".
If traveling far, I'd recommend looking for the most bang for your buck$.
SoCal in June would be my pick.
Starting with OCTO on Sat. June 1st, Pomona AND Bug-In on Sun. the 2nd. With a week of cruises, BBQ's, Open Houses and hanging, there is so much to do! There's camping at Blackstar then topping it all off with the El Prado Show and Shine on June 9th it's hard to beat all that VW action that happens in that time frame.

That being said, Hessisch Oldendorf IS on my "must do" list.

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

I’ll be going to the Lakeland FL Classic this March.
Maybe not the Biggest in the World but this year all the Herbies will be there.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

spa in Belgium.....
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

The BBT party Thursday kicks off Bad Camberg weekend with the Euro Bug-in the following weekend, is a great time...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Assuming that the pandemic subsides a bit and allows us to, we are preparing for a "three-VW weekends-in-a-row" VW adventure in June:

the Wanroj VW show weekend in the Netherlands, then the incredible and frankly incomparable Hessisch-Oldendorf Vintage VW Treffen weekend in Germany, then the "wild and wooly" European Bug-In weekend in Chimay, Belgium. Then when I get home I can then sleep it all off for the rest of the year!

Stay warm, happy and healthy! Get your shots...

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
But I think VolksWorld show in the UK is quite the spectacle.

I can attest to that. I think I was there in 2017. It was a blast!
Tamer.e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

H E S S I S C H - O L D E N D O R F Dancing Dancing Dancing

Unfortunately only every 4 years
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Yep! The Grundmann's, their volunteer staff and the townsfolk of Hessisch-Oldendorf are the best and most gracious hosts! What a great time we had in June!!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

Maybe not the biggest, but I'd also have to say that HO in Germany has got to be the best.
Augie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Best VW Car Show in the World Reply with quote

I have been to Chateau d'Oex a few times and it was pretty cool. I think it is every two years.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: