Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring: Gray Wire From Regulator, Numbers in Schematic
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElskanTriumph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject: Wiring: Gray Wire From Regulator, Numbers in Schematic Reply with quote

I am doing a lot of rewiring of my 73 Superbeetle. The diagrams provided on site are super helpful. In rewiring my regulator I have run into two issues, related:

1. There is a gray wire off of the regulator. As much of my wiring was trashed I have no idea where it goes or what it went to. I checked the schematic and....

2. It goes to a six with a circle around it. There are a host of such numbers on the schematic, but I do not know what they mean. When I worked on a Triumph Spitfire, these numbers lead to another part of the diagram (or sub-diagram) with the matching number. Nope.

In looking at older diagrams, the silver wire disappears by 71. So, new addition. In older diagrams there is a vague explanation of the number. I'm actually more interested in understanding the number as I feel that will clear up the wire question, too.
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring: Gray Wire From Regulator, Numbers in Schematic Reply with quote

The gray wire and others that terminate with the circled number went to the VW diagnostic port in the engine compartment, if it is still there. Not needed.
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring: Gray Wire From Regulator, Numbers in Schematic Reply with quote

Nice to know , thank you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: