Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dimensions front mask VW T1
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dovebluebird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

Hi, I have a big problem. I can't weld, so I hired a coachbuilder to weld me a new front mask.

The coachbuilder cut everything off, including the A pillar on the passenger side, the front panel and the window frame.

Now the VW bus has a big hole and everything that still hangs on the legal body has no more dimensions.

Can someone give me the measurements so that a new coachbuilder can continue the project?

Thank you for your help.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

sorry, can't help you with the dimensions, but maybe this will cheer you up.

You have a coachbuilder, and you are already half way there:

Link

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

A bit surprised you're going to let them keep working on it, given their major mistake.

It might be easier/more reliable to find someone with a bus in your city, and have them come by (so it can be measured).
swiss_bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

You find measurements of all major body points in this manual. I would highly recommend to buy this.
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/volkswagen/repair-information/vw-transporter-50-62-lpv800138.html for early
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/volkswagen/repair-information/vw-type-2-63-67-repair-manual.html or late models
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
A bit surprised you're going to let them keep working on it, given their major mistake.

It might be easier/more reliable to find someone with a bus in your city, and have them come by (so it can be measured).

i think he is getting a new coachbuilder to work on it.

Uli

easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
easy e wrote:

Oh ya... just saw he said "new coachbuilder" (duh).
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
mandraks wrote:
easy e wrote:

Oh ya... just saw he said "new coachbuilder" (duh).

i went to the Derek Zoolander School for Kids that don't read good Smile

Uli

Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

swiss_bulli wrote:
You find measurements of all major body points in this manual. I would highly recommend to buy this.
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/volkswagen/repair-information/vw-transporter-50-62-lpv800138.html for early
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/volkswagen/repair-information/vw-type-2-63-67-repair-manual.html or late models

I'm not sure there's any more dimensional information in the Bentley manual than is already posted here in the Technical section.... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/split_bus_dimensions/split_bus_dimensions.pdf

There's information on how to cut the body for repair, but I don't remember seeing any more dimensions than on the third and fourth pages of that pdf.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dovebluebird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Dimensions front mask VW T1 Reply with quote

Thank you for the support.

The front mask is missing and the windows too.

Can someone post the size of the windows, please?

Thanx.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: