Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ruby's Refresh
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Greetings Everyone. After building and driving Ruby for almost 10 years it was time to finally get her refinished right. I drive my buggy when and everywhere I can. That comes with a price as sometimes accidents happen. I've had the buggy refinished a few times with not the best results. Finally I found someone who really knows these cars and what it takes to do it right. I'm posting the pics as I'm stoked to have the buggy back to her former beauty. Now I just have to put her back together. Hopefully I'll be home this fall and can get her back on the road before the holidays. By the way I got her back right before I left town in the evening so I haven't seen her in the sun as of yet. I'm stoked so I thought I would share some pics.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Very pretty!
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Thank you so much!
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Very pretty!

Yes indeed. The paint is beautiful. Can you share with us who did it? I still have to find a painter in Ca. for my buggy.

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Yes I can. Please send me a PM And I'll send you his info.
SteveM.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Wow...Ruby looks hot!
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

Thank you Steve. Sorry for the late reply.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Reply with quote

It seems I missed your thread originally. That is beautiful! I so enjoy seeing these old rides rise up and live again.

I have my old Buggy with its original (faded but fighting back with polish) gel coat. I'm a little jealous of those who recreate that original beauty. I just cannot bring myself to sand down still half alive 40 plus year old gelcoat. There is just a little too much "rat rod" or "vintage ride" hiding in my bones -- it pains me to think about disturbing the surviving finish. Sure looks great when it is redone!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: