Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi front disk brake replacement pads
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Hello, does anyone have a cross reference on disk brake pads for Empi wide 5 front calipers P/N 22-2926 & P/N 22-2925. I’m trying to order some replacements from my local NAPA store and I can’t seem to find a part reference chart or number anywhere. I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck finding replacements [l

Last edited by triumph67 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Brake pad EMPI number is 22-2958
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

They are copies of 2 pin Karmann Ghia pads/calipers, aren't they?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PFBPF755M?impressionRank=2

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Mine don’t have the pins like the original VW disk brakes. I’m using a EMPI disk brake kit for wide 5. Just got a call from my parts source and they said EMPI has now discontinued the run in those pads. Looking for a interchangeable pad that will work for the system
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Esky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

I would check somewhere else for the pads. I have a new catalog from Empi and they are still listed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

How about these?

https://www.amazon.com/Empi-22-2958-Caliper-22-2956-B-22-2957-B/dp/B01KYLAA04

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Thanks for the Amazon link, I ordered them today. Since they are being discontinued I wonder what everyone with this kit will use to replace there pads with.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

triumph67 wrote:
Since they are being discontinued I wonder what everyone with this kit will use to replace there pads with.

There's a tech support e-mail address for empius, I've had good results in the past when inquiring directly with them. They would even tell you whether they're actually being discontinued, or if you just got bad intel from your parts supplier.

If they are being discontinued, it might be smart money to buy two sets, unless you have a plan to update the design in the future.
Nacho_74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Jbugs list replacement pads for empi disc brakes. Why not order from there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

JBugs site, if you click on the actual part they show that they are discontinued. I’ll have to contact EMPI and see if they can help
triumph67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

If anyone runs into trouble like I did with the Empi Front brake kit listed earlier in the post, I contacted EMPI and they have a new part number
Now in their 2022 catalog. The part number to use is 22-2996-0
mike1966beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

I'm coming up with 22-2995-0 empi brake pad, which supercedes a 22-2958-0.

Previous #22-2996 is not a pad # its a conversion kit # for porche 356.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RandyV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi front disk brake replacement pads Reply with quote

Soooo I’m posting heee to keep relevant….I gathered (from other posts/Google) that these pads were really just circa 2000 VW GOLF “rear” pads. Ok great…..in an effort to get some quiet pads..(empi pads squeal and I’ve tried every trick to silence…no joy)…..I ordered up some akebono ceramics. BUT……they’re not correct…. Shame on you Not talking Think

Anybody know for sure if they really belong to a common vehicle?? I just can’t imagine these are unique one-off pads coming from empi???

PS….Anybody need some ceramic rear akebono pads for their Golf GTI?? Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: