Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Life - Youtube Channel
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
Longboardluv wrote:
kpf wrote:
Wow, congratulations! They even linked to your channel. I guess you're big-time now! Laughing

well i don't know if we're big time but it was really awesome of VW to work with people like us in the community that's for sure! our video comes out next week!

Kudos to you guys! It’s super smart of VW to leverage your YouTube channel. You guys were clever in using the term VW Life for your whole vibe and personally, this is the type of stuff that big old commercialized VW needs to start getting back to. After the whole mess with diesel-gate it’s good to see them doing stuff like this and with proper VW fanatics like you guys in Austin. The Buzz looks great and is nicely timed.
Good stuff.

Frankly, I think it's sh!tty. Not the VW Life guys, but VW corporate's attempt to co-opt the vintage VW community/life/esthetic(again) to sell this new turd.

For years, ney decades, VW consistently abandoned the vintage VW community. Over the past 4 decades, it has consistently and actively destroyed any and all connection to its past. Destroyed parts, presses, molds et.al and sold off any and all connections to the "old way" as it bet its future on the Fox and Dasher. Lost was any hope of reproducing quality factory vintage parts. Lost was any real factory vintage VW support as they aggressively sold off and destroyed almost all of it. The only reason any of it was saved was due to the same vintage community's efforts worldwide to save old dealership stock.

VW aggressively went after any slight infraction of the VW logo even if it was a piss ant local repair shop...worse than Disney. This was a concerted effort by VWAG to crush the past. VWOA was a bit less so.

Now, when it suits them, they trot out a Samba, or an oval or cozy up to the vintage crowd to hawk their half-hearted attempt at a new "old" bug or this new Mazda MPV-looking Buzz..er. I appreciate the ones in charge now were more than likely not responsible for the sins of the past, but they completely neglect to fess up to how the company has for years treated the people that, in many ways, kept their company alive...the vintage VW community. How many fondly remember VWs late 70' or '80s products and not surprising they don't trot out a Fox or a Dasher for nostalgia reasons.

Can't say I'm surprised. I just am disappointed in the fact no real input was sought from the people they are trying to sell this fake to. Good luck VW. All I hear is negative buzz about this latest attempt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry modern VW has not treated the community with the respect it has earned. A lot of people put their blood, sweat, tears, and all out hearts into their classic VW's. It's nice to be a part of such a warm and welcoming community, one that treats each other with brotherly love, and one that comes together to appreciate one of the greatest redemption stories in modern history.

The Beetle, and therefore other vehicles built off its chassis, was built in times of war, for what many can rightly say was the most evil man who ever lived. The vehicle was produced, partly, as a mechanism of war based on evil ideals and tyrrany, and the Beetle itself was used by the SS in countless murders.

Fast forward to after the war, come into the 60's, and the Beetle and Bus began to be known no longer as vehicles of War and Hate, but as vehicles of Peace and Love. The modern VW doesn't want anything to do with this, as they are no longer the germans who repented from the murder of over 6 million jews. They are the next generation with $ on their eyes.

Keep up the good work on your Westfalia, guys! Looks good, I wonder how you'll handle the rust on the window sills behind the front door?
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

The VW Scene in Texas is off the hook. Man, I wished I lived there! Then I'd totally be in VW Heaven (also known as Gary's house shop).
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like you guys had a really good time!
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

we're out here on the streets!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

your relationship with a car company is a business relationship, nothing more, nothing less. Trying to construct “ community” will leave you unrequieted.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
your relationship with a car company is a business relationship, nothing more, nothing less. Trying to construct “ community” will leave you unrequieted.

whatever dude get off my thread
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

You know, your efforts with and attention from VW as a company could actually improve relations and efforts from the company toward classic VW community. You never know! Keep it up, only good can come from that.

Also, you guys are right up my alley. I love all the random gifts/awards, perfect! Also, settle it with Rock Paper Scissors, classic.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Longboardluv wrote:
Abscate wrote:

whatever dude get off my thread

One difference between us in when VW says it to you, it bothers you.

Just helping your views....
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think abscate was trying to be a jerk, just trying to be "real," as sometimes the truth can be harsh.

Not saying I 100% agree, and you can take it or leave it, but file it away in the back of your mind just in case. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, or something along those lines.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
Yeah, I don't think abscate was trying to be a jerk, just trying to be "real," as sometimes the truth can be harsh.

Not saying I 100% agree, and you can take it or leave it, but file it away in the back of your mind just in case. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, or something along those lines.

Close to 40K subscribers @Youtube and a healthy click of visitors watching their weekly content. Something tells me that these kids from TX are going to be alright. Outside of their social media stuff, even the most dark and miserable person has to respect the effort and love of the hobby that these guys exhibit and give back to the VW community. As local VW shops close and local events and scenes shift, what’s happening in Austin is definitely cool to see. Keep it up VW Life crew!
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Link
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I sent some solvent proof gloves via Amazon to Gary’s and Jake’s for you guys to use at the solvent parts wash station. Skin absorbs that stuff and can really make a person sick in the short and long term. Got to protect your largest organ (skin) from solvents, oils and greases, and our lymph systems and organs. Especially imporrant for we VW folks who have repeat exposure to that stuff! Brando
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: